Windows 10: Setting default login account...

Discus and support Setting default login account... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Forgive all the 'newbie' questions. Is there a way to set a certain account to be the default account when booting up? I'd like MY account to be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by thecpchick, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Setting default login account...

Forgive all the 'newbie' questions.

Is there a way to set a certain account to be the default account when booting up?

I'd like MY account to be the one that is waiting to be logged in when the system starts.

Is this possible? If so, How?

:)

thecpchick, Jun 9, 2016
  2. DThimsen Win User

Windows 10 Pro license and local login requirement

Hi Billion,

I contacted Microsoft support this afternoon, and got the answer... There is an accounts setting that defaults to a "Microsoft Account" login that can be changed to "local login".

Start > Settings > Accounts > Your Account

In the top section of the screen, there was a setting to "Sign in with a local account instead".

Thanks,

Don

DThimsen, Jun 9, 2016
  3. I cannot delete email account!!! MAIL APP WINDOWS 10

The windows help page says you cannot remove your 'default' email account added when logged on to windows 10.

This is **** !!!

HOW TO REMOVE YOUR DEFAULT EMAIL, AND AVOID MICROSOFT EMAIL ACCOUNT LOGIN.

I avoided the microsoft email account login the following way:

1) Go to Settings -> User accounts:

2) Click the link that says "Sign in with a local account instead"

3) Enter your password on the proceeding page and click Next

4) Enter your new username, password and password hint, click Next

5) On the proceeding page, click "Sign out and finish" and you will be taken to the login screen where you can login using a local account (Not attached to your microsoft email account)

(now you don't login with your email account anymore, but windows still recognises it as default email)

To remove the default email account:

6) Go back to settings -> User account

7) Choose "Manage accounts", and select the default email.

8) Now it should give the option to "Delete the account", Delete it and proceed

9) Done.

Sources:

Delete an email account from Mail and Calendar apps

How to Disable Windows 10 Email Login

Jurriaan Paans, Jun 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Setting default login account...

NavyLCDR, Jun 9, 2016
  5. thecpchick, Jun 9, 2016
  6. Turns out, it was on my account when I booted up. So it automatically did what I wanted.

thecpchick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Setting default login account...

1. Setting default login account... - Similar Threads - Setting default login

2. Set another account as default for UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set another account as default for UAC: Is there any way to get UAC to default to my local Administrator account SlickRCBDAdmin instead of the spare one in case that one gets hacked BackupAdmin or corrupted?I learned long ago it was a bad idea to only have only one administrator account on a computer in case one of...
  3. Set another account as default for UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set another account as default for UAC: Is there any way to get UAC to default to my local Administrator account SlickRCBDAdmin instead of the spare one in case that one gets hacked BackupAdmin or corrupted?I learned long ago it was a bad idea to only have only one administrator account on a computer in case one of...
  4. Set another account as default for UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  6. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  7. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

8. Set default login account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set default login account in windows 10: Hi,We have a meeting room PC with windows 10 OS joined to domain and we disabled last login history from the system.Users are login to this system by using their account or meeting room public account.Sometimes after the meeting users are logging out their account and it's...
  9. Set default login account in windows 10

Set default login account in windows 10: Hi,We have a meeting room PC with windows 10 OS joined to domain and we disabled last login history from the system.Users are login to this system by using their account or meeting room public account.Sometimes after the meeting users are logging out their account and it's...
  10. Set a default login account at the welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set a default login account at the welcome screen: I have a user who is visually impaired. He has software in his profile that assists him with this. The problem is, to get to it, he has to login, and the machine is shared among several users, of which he is the only impaired person. I would like to set the computer's...