Windows 10: Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

Discus and support Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

Hello,
    In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click on 'apply' and OK.
    When I open the subfolders - nothing is changed. I even closed the explorer and reopened it, nothing changed, the changes remain only in the main folder.
    Am I doing it wrong or something else.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jun 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 is automatically adding columns in my folders

Right-click the folder > Properties > Customize tab and ensure the template for the folder (and optionally all its sub-folders) is set to General items. Then go to Explorer's Folder Options dialog > View tab and click the
    Apply to Folders button.

RobertJWin, Jun 12, 2017
  3. folder should display with size in bytes and numbers of Items and numbers of files inside it.

By default only when files are selected does Explorer show in the status bar how many have been selected and their total size. This doesn't include the size of sub-folders.

Displaying the total size of a folder i.e. the size of all the files stored in it and its sub-folders to any depth is not practical. Just view the Properties dialog of a large folder such as Windows for example and see how long the OS takes to compute its
    total size (especially if the folder's not on an SSD).

RobertJWin, Jun 12, 2017
Thema:

Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

1. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer - Similar Threads - Setting folder sub

2. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  3. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  4. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer How do I set view to apply to all folders and sub folders AND THEIR FILES?

File Explorer How do I set view to apply to all folders and sub folders AND THEIR FILES?: I would like to show the Comments column in the File Explorer view for all files not folders. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-how-do-i-set-view-to-apply-to-all/0e39a8e6-9f59-4066-89ab-a63f8ab51d99
  6. Moving files to a sub-folder

Moving files to a sub-folder: When I try to move a file from a folder to a sub-folder, it puts the file in the sub-folder, but remains in the original folder also. I've gone to Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Folders > and reset the folder options to default but that does nothing. This must...
  7. Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display

Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display: When I display the folders under the Documents folder that look like this <image...highlighted> [ATTACH] The sub-folder named PRIORITY TASKS isn't shown. Does File Explorer impose a limit on the number of sub-folder that it will display? [ATTACH] TIA for your suggestions....
  8. Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders

in Cortana
    Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders: Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders. This is frustrating because you have to add each level manually making it very time-consuming. Is there a way to revert to a classic version of file explorer? Thanks Nygel Jones...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer settings on sub folders

2. file explorer in windows 10 setting to subfolders

3. folder properties for sub folders