Windows 10: Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

Discus and support Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

Hello,
    In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click on 'apply' and OK.
    When I open the subfolders - nothing is changed. I even closed the explorer and reopened it, nothing changed, the changes remain only in the main folder.
    Am I doing it wrong or something else.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jun 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 is automatically adding columns in my folders

Right-click the folder > Properties > Customize tab and ensure the template for the folder (and optionally all its sub-folders) is set to General items. Then go to Explorer's Folder Options dialog > View tab and click the
    Apply to Folders button.

RobertJWin, Jun 12, 2017
  3. folder should display with size in bytes and numbers of Items and numbers of files inside it.

By default only when files are selected does Explorer show in the status bar how many have been selected and their total size. This doesn't include the size of sub-folders.

Displaying the total size of a folder i.e. the size of all the files stored in it and its sub-folders to any depth is not practical. Just view the Properties dialog of a large folder such as Windows for example and see how long the OS takes to compute its
    total size (especially if the folder's not on an SSD).

RobertJWin, Jun 12, 2017
Thema:

Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

1. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer - Similar Threads - Setting folder sub

2. Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...: I have a folder named Music, with several subfolders and the subfolder has further sub folders. e.g. Music - The rest - Artie Shaw. For some reason the "Artie Shaw" folder copies itself to "Music" (from "The rest") and moves a few of the files from Artie Shaw. The original...
  3. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  4. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  5. find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders

find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders: find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-remove-all-duplicates-files-sub-folders/ad64d789-7028-4873-8e1b-2605dc973305"
  6. Explorer attribute that shows when files in a sub-folder are modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer attribute that shows when files in a sub-folder are modified: The "date modified" attribute only updates when a file in the root of a folder is modified. But it does not update if a file in a sub-folder is modified. Is there an attribute that will show when the contents of sub-folders are modified? 119355
  7. Trying to unblock all files in folder/sub-folders with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to unblock all files in folder/sub-folders with Powershell: Well, I'm not having success accomplishing what apparently is supposed to be possible using Powershell. I'm running Win10 1803 and Powershell is Major 5, so the "unblock-file" feature is definitely available. I have recently discovered that I have a number of assorted...
  8. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...
  9. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...
  10. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties: Hello, On my pc I have many music files, located in different folders. When I open a new folder and populate it with audio files, immediately in the upper bar are descriptions as on attached screenshot. Even when I change the folder's properties from "music" to "General",...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer settings on sub folders

2. file explorer in windows 10 setting to subfolders

3. folder properties for sub folders