Windows 10: Setting Lock Screen Image from Photo App

Discus and support Setting Lock Screen Image from Photo App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been looking at the Lock Screen Background tutorial. I should be able to set the image from my Photo App however my Photo App doesn't look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Judesman, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Judesman Win User

Setting Lock Screen Image from Photo App

I have been looking at the Lock Screen Background tutorial. I should be able to set the image from my Photo App however my Photo App doesn't look anything like the screen in the tutorial with no option to set as Lock Screen from the drop down menu or even a Draw facility icon on the menu bar. Am I doing something wrong here, any help please?

:)

Judesman, Feb 4, 2017
  2. Ian Ser Win User

"Show lock screen background image on the sign in-screen" isn't working

Thank you for the information. We recommend setting an image as lock screen from the Photos app and see if it helps. Follow the instructions below:

• Right-click on an image that you would want to use, choose
      Open with
      and then on the list, choose Photos.
    • Click on the More button or the (...) icon located on the upper-right corner of Photos.
    • Click Set as and then click Set as lock screen.
    • Restart your device and see if the lock screen changes.

Update us of the results.

Ian Ser, Feb 4, 2017
  3. Certain Lock Screen Backgrounds not Working

In the "Backgrounds" photo album that comes pre-loaded with Windows Phone, there are certain backgrounds that will NOT work on the lock screen. No matter what I do, the lock screen just shows the background image with the blue ocean with shores on the left
    and right instead (it's the default one that showed up on my lock screen the last time I reset my phone- before setting the lock screen for the first time). That's a nice image, but those others are even nicer, and I can't use them for some reason. From All
    Settings => Lock Screen, I choose "Photo" for background, then tap "Change Photo", then the "Backgrounds" album (you can only see this album on the lock screen and start background settings, not in the Photos app). The gold-ish leaves photo, the marbles, and
    the leaves on the water photos are a few I've tried and could never get to work on my lock screen. The SETTINGS APP thinks that I've set it to the background I want, but the ACTUAL LOCK SCREEN is showing the default background (scroll to the bottom of the
    backgrounds album and you'll see the one I'm talking about).

Anyway, is there any way to fix this? Or a way to download or extract these photos to use as a custom background (a workaround, since my own photo album photos work just fine, it's these backgrounds that are the problem?). I'm using a Nokia Lumia 1520.

zidane2016, Feb 4, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

It's simply that you haven't selected an individual image yet. You are on the Collections/Albums/Folders screen. Choose an image and the 'Set as' options will be available.

Bree, Feb 4, 2017
  5. Judesman Win User
    Thanks Bree.

I have selected an image but I still can't see any options.

Judesman, Feb 5, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Click on the image of your choice to open it. The 'set as' options are available only when you are viewing that single image the Photos app. In your screenshot you are still on the 'collections' page.

Bree, Feb 5, 2017
  7. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks Bree, I was having a senior moment. Having said that if I tick the select box in an image in the top right corner and then deselect, it is not possible to open the image without closing the App and re-opening it. I assume that is how the App is supposed to work? ......................... I have now resolved that as well by clicking the little arrow top left that takes me back to the original page.

Thanks for your help. Bit of a learning curve this Win 10.

Judesman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting Lock Screen Image from Photo App - Similar Threads - Setting Lock Screen

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  4. How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?: In the group policy there is an option to prevent lock screen from changing however it does not work when someone on our network decides to change it through the photos application....
  5. How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?: In the group policy there is an option to prevent lock screen from changing however it does not work when someone on our network decides to change it through the photos application....
  6. How to prevent in photos app the option to "set as" a lock screen photo?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. lock screen images

lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  8. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  9. Lock screen image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image: Hi there I'm looking for information on a lock screen image, I was unable to take a print screen of it or photo of it but it's a derelict/ruin of a small building and it looks to be in a desert at night time, it is lit up with purple lights and the sky is a mix of purple and...
  10. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...