Windows 10: Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ?

Discus and support Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This is a bit off of what I usually ask here, but have gotten such great advice in the past, let me take the liberty of asking for some help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, May 21, 2016.

1. Robert11 Win User

Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ?

Hello,
    This is a bit off of what I usually ask here, but have gotten such great advice in the past, let me take the liberty of asking for some help with this.

Son has to have a "video conference" with his Instructor for a new Course he is taking.
    Neither him, or I, have ever done anything like this before.

How does he go about it ?

What is the cheapest reasonable camera (and I guess he needs a mic too; do they come as a package ?)
    for him to buy to hook up to his desktop pc ? (Brand/Model ?)

Is it a simple plug in and go, or is there a lot of software to set up ?

Any caveats to using and getting started with ?

Thanks again for help; much appreciated.

Bob

:)

Robert11, May 21, 2016
  2. obaid786 Win User

to

it used for video conferencing your QCIF video conferencing camera.you use it if you do video call from your mobile.

obaid786, May 21, 2016
  3. mitjasen Win User
    N70 Streaming?

Is it possible,with some program or something,to use N70 as a pc video camera for video conferencing or streaming?

It works with a digital camera with usb connection,so why not with n70?

mitjasen, May 21, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, May 21, 2016
  5. Hello.
    Webcam:
    It depends on what webcam you have. Some require a driver, which usually comes in a CD with the product. The driver setup will be easy. Windows install some webcam drivers automatically sometimes. As for the webcam, all you need to do is connect it via USB.
    Microphone:
    You should buy a headset. It is the easiest to setup. Just be sure to buy the right one, not a cheap 5$ one, but a 20-50$ headsets are usually great. You won't need to setup any drivers, Windows will just prompt you to test your microphone by saying text that appears on your screen. Then your done. Be sure to buy the right input that your computer supports.
    Software:
    Skype is perfect. Very easy to use. Or you can use google hangouts, which is also good. You need good internet for video calls on an software.

AbAppletic, May 21, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, May 21, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    It is done through the portal that he logs into. Nothing needs to be done to his computer, other than install any software that they require for connecting to the system they use for the students if they have one. Most go through the browser, so nothing else has to be done.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ? - Similar Threads - Setting Video Conferencing

2. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  3. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  4. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while video conferencing

BSOD while video conferencing: My laptop, Asus VivoBook X542U, Windows 10 Pro, crashes BSOD while I video conference. This happens on Zoom and also on Microsoft Teams. Sometimes it happens the minute I enter the meeting. Other times it doesn't crash at all. But usually, it crashes after 20-30 minutes into...
  6. Audio crashes with Zoom/video conferencing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crashes with Zoom/video conferencing: Using a new HP Envy laptop with AMD Ryzen processor. While using video conference service like Zoom but not only Zoom, the audio crashes partway through speakers and microphone "not found". Typically Windows freezes and computer must be restarted. It happens often on video...
  7. Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10: Hello I want to enable sound for video conferencing. Besides my monitor, the playback devices are Speakers which is selected and Digital Output ready. Can I assume that if I select Digital Output, then that will solve my problems? If so, how do I select this, and then how...
  8. How difficult is it to set up video conferencing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How difficult is it to set up video conferencing?: I never needed it before but in these current trying times the World is going through I may need it in the near future to confer with my lawyer. The machine(s) I'd be using is system one listed at "My Computers" in the lower left corner of my posts, after I get it working...
  9. BSOD with video conferencing

BSOD with video conferencing: Since this week I have had several BSOD while videoconferencing. It has happened with the Skype app, Skype for business in the browser, Zoom, andJitsi. I have tried with apps and with browsers with only one tab and it still happens. The % CPU use gets high around 40% for...
  10. Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?: Really struggling to find something to replace the original excellent Skype now that Microsoft has gone and messed it all up with non stop crashes and so on. I've tried a few but none of them are as simple and straightforward as the old Skype used to be, so any suggestions...