Windows 10: setting pin on new laptop error

Discus and support setting pin on new laptop error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; dont see any options to enable using pin with my windows devices... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ProfessorJ1, Jul 31, 2018.

1. setting pin on new laptop error

dont see any options to enable using pin with my windows devices

:)

ProfessorJ1, Jul 31, 2018

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

setting pin on new laptop error

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

setting pin on new laptop error

1. setting pin on new laptop error - Similar Threads - setting pin laptop

2. Set up new pin error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new pin error: My laptop just came back from repair… for a 2nd time. I go on to use it and I can’t get past entering a pin.It says my old pin doesn’t work and I need to set up a new one. The problem with that, is that I click set up a new pin and it doesn’t do anything....
  3. Set up new pin error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up new pin error: My laptop just came back from repair… for a 2nd time. I go on to use it and I can’t get past entering a pin.It says my old pin doesn’t work and I need to set up a new one. The problem with that, is that I click set up a new pin and it doesn’t do anything....
  4. Set up new pin error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. access to new laptop with pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access to new laptop with pin: my new laptop wont accept my pin even though i created it and put ift in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-new-laptop-with-pin/7d906952-a0af-4ae9-84f5-95afba995802
  6. access to new laptop with pin

access to new laptop with pin: my new laptop wont accept my pin even though i created it and put ift in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-new-laptop-with-pin/7d906952-a0af-4ae9-84f5-95afba995802
  7. PIN on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN on new laptop: Can someone help me?On new laptop after I enter microsoft account,they ask to set up a PIN,I don’t have option to skip or something else,and after I click to set up PIN it write just a minute a nothing happend!Where is the problem?How can I skip PIN or what can I do?Thnak...
  8. PIN on new laptop

PIN on new laptop: Can someone help me?On new laptop after I enter microsoft account,they ask to set up a PIN,I don’t have option to skip or something else,and after I click to set up PIN it write just a minute a nothing happend!Where is the problem?How can I skip PIN or what can I do?Thnak...
  9. PIN on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Laptop pin setting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop pin setting: I am. Unable to set pin for my new laptop. Getting error as something went wrong. We weren't able to setup your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later....