Windows 10: Setting Start Screen as default

Discus and support Setting Start Screen as default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just downloaded Windows 10. So far early days, but... I am irritated by the "Windows 8" apps screen, set as my default. It shows all the tiles I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aygeekay, Nov 9, 2015.

1. aygeekay Win User

Setting Start Screen as default

Just downloaded Windows 10. So far early days, but...

I am irritated by the "Windows 8" apps screen, set as my default. It shows all the tiles I need and seems to work well enough, but if (for example) I go into emails and then want to come out, I'm taken back to the start menu and must click on "Windows 8" again to open the apps screen.

Is there any way I can change settings so I'm returned immediately to the apps screen? I know it's just a couple more clicks but it seems so pointless to be slowed down every time in that way.

Help appreciated.

:)

aygeekay, Nov 9, 2015

2. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

It's seems that my computer fixed the problem, I'll fix the network problem..

default-screen, Nov 9, 2015
  3. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

no internet networks showing up when I click the taskbar icon, and it's frozen, what can I do?

I haven't been on it since October 2015...

Setting Start Screen as default [​IMG]

default-screen, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2015
  5. aygeekay Win User
    I switched to tablet mode and that seems to suit my purposes better, so thanks for the suggestion.
    Still I have to click twice to return from an app to the tiles screen, though... it's not a problem - just annoying.
    Thanks again for your reply.

aygeekay, Nov 10, 2015
  6. Try just pressing the *Start key on the keyboard.

alphanumeric, Nov 10, 2015
  7. aygeekay Win User
    Slowly getting there... the windows key worked as well.
    I didn't know it.

Thanks again guys for all your help. It proved very useful.

aygeekay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting Start Screen as default - Similar Threads - Setting Start Screen

2. Settings and other default apps won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and other default apps won't start: Hello,since yesterday, I have the following problems with my Windows 11 PC:Everytime, I try to open the settings app, there's a little loading icon, but nothing happens. I already tried to fix it using different methods, such as resetting the App-Settings, which didn't work...
  3. Settings and other default apps won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings and other default apps won't start: Hello,since yesterday, I have the following problems with my Windows 11 PC:Everytime, I try to open the settings app, there's a little loading icon, but nothing happens. I already tried to fix it using different methods, such as resetting the App-Settings, which didn't work...
  4. Unable to set default start menu in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set default start menu in Windows 11.: Good morning. Hope all of you safe and well. Need some advice on creating a default Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11. They idea being that any user logs in being that local user or domain user they will get a default start menu. Did the following steps Based on...
  5. Unable to set default start menu in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set default start menu in Windows 11.: Good morning. Hope all of you safe and well. Need some advice on creating a default Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11. They idea being that any user logs in being that local user or domain user they will get a default start menu. Did the following steps Based on...
  6. Desktop Screen back to default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Screen back to default setting: G'day, I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how I can get my Desktop Screen back to its default settings. Thank you Perry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-screen-back-to-default-setting/9f40bf72-ecc8-4983-84db-c3f29c8d4a5a
  7. Set all apps as default instead pined tiles in full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set all apps as default instead pined tiles in full screen start menu: hi all , i haven't any tiles on start menu and i wanna use full screen start menu when i click start button its shows empty pined tiles screen cause i haven't any tiles on it can i modify start menu to show all apps instead pined tiles ? thx 98330
  8. Default Edge Start Screen or MSN

in Browsers and Email
    Default Edge Start Screen or MSN: Preface: I actually think the default Edge Start Screen is a version of MSN. I've been happily using Edge's default start screen yet am giving consideration to MSN's start screen. Opinions please. 91645
  9. Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10 How to Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10 The Live Folders. If you like, you can specify a default Start layout in Windows 10 for users and prevent them from changing it. *note This policy...
  10. Start Screen is default on Touch devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Screen is default on Touch devices: Morning All, I know there are not to many people who like the touch side of things, but I have just installed 10 on a touch device Star Screen is the default, looks exactly the same as 8 Apps all launch maximized on the desktop (not the new full screen option)...