Windows 10: Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.

Discus and support Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Until today, whenever I connected my camera to the computer via USB, the photo app would open. Today, it did not do that. How can I reset the app so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardHibbert, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.

Until today, whenever I connected my camera to the computer via USB, the photo app would open. Today, it did not do that. How can I reset the app so that it opens.

:)

RichardHibbert, Aug 11, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.

trying to download photos from my camera onto my laptop, camera plugged into the laptop but photos app won't open: How do I open the Photos App in windows 10?

Hi Annie,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; is the Photos app will not open only when trying to download photos from camera?

It seems the some of the app setting got corrupted.

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

For the steps, to import the photos from camera to Photos app, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/photos-app-faq#open

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.

1. Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected. - Similar Threads - Setting photo app

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error: I tried every steps from the previous suggestions but it didnt worked. please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-is-not-opening-and-showing-no/7a78e2e2-0bc5-4dda-96aa-3ca3f971f385
  4. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error: I tried every steps from the previous suggestions but it didnt worked. please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-is-not-opening-and-showing-no/7a78e2e2-0bc5-4dda-96aa-3ca3f971f385
  5. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. MediaCaptureFailedevent when open Camera App

MediaCaptureFailedevent when open Camera App: Help me fix this. I need to use webcam as soon as possible [ATTACH][ATTACH] [Original Title: MediaCaptureFailedevent] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacapturefailedevent-when-open-camera-app/8075ddb6-36ea-4734-b960-66e34bb6791b
  7. camera App not connecting to the camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera App not connecting to the camera: On my laptop Asus Zenbook 15 - UX534FT, during boot, the Hello program has no problem accessing the camera and it does recognize me with no problem. But none of the standard application that require the camera such as Camera, Zoom or Skype seem to be able to access the...
  8. Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app: (Surface Pro 5) I used to be able to write directly on the photos I've taken when selecting from the preview (camera roll) image in the camera app. I could scroll through the camera roll and write on photos as I needed to. Now I cannot write on the pics opened through that...
  9. Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected: How do I please stop photos from opening on startup in Windows 10 when my iphone is connected – I have disconnected iTunes from Start Up so this is not the issue. Thanks....
  10. can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera

can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera: everytime i click on the camera i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Camera." everytime i try opening a picture i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Basic Photo Viewer." once i close that error message i get another...