Windows 10: Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection?

Discus and support Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a few programs such as Wordpad and XnView that I like to keep in the left & right corners of my screen, from time to time. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tiffany, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tiffany Win User

Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection?

I have a few programs such as Wordpad and XnView that I like to keep in the left & right corners of my screen, from time to time. The problem is that on Windows 10 no matter how many times I move these programs to the edges of my screen and close them when they're positioned where I want them, the next time I open them Windows 10 adds some sort of 7px "padding" and resizes them so that they aren't touching the left/right/bottom of my screen. Quite honestly, this is infuriating.

Is there any way to fix this? Please tell me there's setting or registry hack I can do to make this go away...

Here's an example of Wordpad (cropped to relevant portion):

Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection? [​IMG]

:)

Tiffany, Jul 30, 2015

2. Window border width

I have got two computers with Windows 10. One of them display windows with 1px wide border but the second with 7px wide (computer has lower resolution so it is a bit ugly).

Is possible to change width of window border?

Betelgeuze, Jul 30, 2015
  3. JPL5780 Win User
    Window Positioning on Application Restore

Immediately after upgrading Windows 10 1511 to Build 10586.164, I noticed that the size of the required offset (for both my own programs and for IE11 and Firefox) has reduced from 7px to 4px - further evidence that the problem is within Windows itself.

JPL5780, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection?

1. Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection? - Similar Threads - Setting remove 7px

2. remove windows protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove windows protection: hello, its the 21312th time my laptop turn on like a brik. ofc i know the steps to fix it. "Go to protection and disable it all"Its a way to remove that virus named "windows protection" ??...
  3. remove windows protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove windows protection: hello, its the 21312th time my laptop turn on like a brik. ofc i know the steps to fix it. "Go to protection and disable it all"Its a way to remove that virus named "windows protection" ??...
  4. Can't turn on virus protection settings and remove a trojan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on virus protection settings and remove a trojan.: My computer has recently been attacked by a trojan virus. This virus turned off my Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings. I installed malwarebytes and it removed most of the malware but whenever I turn on my internet a notification keeps popping up about a trojan....
  5. Can't turn on virus protection settings and remove a trojan.

Can't turn on virus protection settings and remove a trojan.: My computer has recently been attacked by a trojan virus. This virus turned off my Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings. I installed malwarebytes and it removed most of the malware but whenever I turn on my internet a notification keeps popping up about a trojan....
  6. Remove Password Protect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove Password Protect: Don't want to have to use my password to sign in every time when I'm the only one using it...it's a pain to say the least. To make it worse I can't even enter my password if I wanted to because it won't accept any letters in that field. What I have to do is "reset" every time...
  7. Remove Write protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Write protection: how do I remove the write protection from my removable disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-write-protection/7c54f2b7-9c7e-45c7-aba7-f536bfc9f088
  8. remove write-protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove write-protection: hi i was having issues with steam downloading /updating games i would get corrupt disk / read /disk write errors all the time so i did some googling and found some posts about removing write-protection on the drive so i followed videos on how to do it but now my drive is...
  9. Remove Edge

Remove Edge: How do I get this terrible program off of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/remove-edge/f971f692-bb85-40f8-940c-637595e90ce2
  10. Remove write protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove write protection: So my harddrive crashed, I replaced it with one from newegg.com however it had no operating system so I bought windows 10 at best buy, it comes on a 16gig usb 3.0 flash drive. I have it all running good it's just that I want to use this flash drive for personal things but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 dpi 7px