Windows 10: Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection?

Discus and support Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a few programs such as Wordpad and XnView that I like to keep in the left & right corners of my screen, from time to time. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tiffany, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tiffany Win User

Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection?

I have a few programs such as Wordpad and XnView that I like to keep in the left & right corners of my screen, from time to time. The problem is that on Windows 10 no matter how many times I move these programs to the edges of my screen and close them when they're positioned where I want them, the next time I open them Windows 10 adds some sort of 7px "padding" and resizes them so that they aren't touching the left/right/bottom of my screen. Quite honestly, this is infuriating.

Is there any way to fix this? Please tell me there's setting or registry hack I can do to make this go away...

Here's an example of Wordpad (cropped to relevant portion):

Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection? [​IMG]

:)

Tiffany, Jul 30, 2015

2. Window border width

I have got two computers with Windows 10. One of them display windows with 1px wide border but the second with 7px wide (computer has lower resolution so it is a bit ugly).

Is possible to change width of window border?

Betelgeuze, Jul 30, 2015
  3. JPL5780 Win User
    Window Positioning on Application Restore

Immediately after upgrading Windows 10 1511 to Build 10586.164, I noticed that the size of the required offset (for both my own programs and for IE11 and Firefox) has reduced from 7px to 4px - further evidence that the problem is within Windows itself.

JPL5780, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection?

1. Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection? - Similar Threads - Setting remove 7px

2. Protected View Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protected View Settings?: When I create a Word document on one PC (saving it to my Network Attached Storage), then open it on a different PC, I get this protected view option. Here's a pic. [ATTACH] To disable this, there's a setting to uncheck. When I click on "Be careful-files from the internet...
  3. protection removal problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    protection removal problem: Windows 365 10 always makes any document I create a protected document. I gone through the steps to remove protection, but it doesn't work. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone found solution to this problem?...
  4. remove write-protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove write-protection: hi i was having issues with steam downloading /updating games i would get corrupt disk / read /disk write errors all the time so i did some googling and found some posts about removing write-protection on the drive so i followed videos on how to do it but now my drive is...
  5. The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection: Hi I just join my computer with autopilot and mi HDD of storage don't allow me to write for permission, I try modify permission from properties ->security->advance option and nothing, I try with cmd with the comand diskpart --> attributes disk clear readonly and nothing....
  6. Remove Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Edge: How do I get this terrible program off of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/remove-edge/f971f692-bb85-40f8-940c-637595e90ce2
  7. Removing Microsoft Edge

Removing Microsoft Edge: I will like to remove Microsoft Edge from my computer. I'm never going to use it and dislike that it opens when I am clicking a link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-microsoft-edge/9801f304-2b35-4808-95de-65c03ff4a919
  8. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen: I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back. I have 'Get fun facts,...
  9. Remove write protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove write protection: So my harddrive crashed, I replaced it with one from newegg.com however it had no operating system so I bought windows 10 at best buy, it comes on a 16gig usb 3.0 flash drive. I have it all running good it's just that I want to use this flash drive for personal things but I...
  10. Problem setting window to the edge of the screen (Skype)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem setting window to the edge of the screen (Skype): [img] The image says by itself .. When I try to put it to the very edge, it snaps it away a little .. Is there a setting or something to turn this thing off? Noticed this problem just with skype, not anything else .. 10618

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 dpi 7px