Windows 10: Setting to Shut Off Quick Access & "Redraw"

Discus and support Setting to Shut Off Quick Access & "Redraw" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I HATE Win10! Everytime I bring up Explorer, it takes a freakin' hour to rediscover everything on my HDD. It draws the green line all the way across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gplea, May 14, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

Setting to Shut Off Quick Access & "Redraw"

I HATE Win10! Everytime I bring up Explorer, it takes a freakin' hour to rediscover everything on my HDD. It draws the green line all the way across the screen, and says under that "Working on it..." AND I MEAN EVERY TIME I OPEN EXPORER! I might understand if I'd just created a bunch of partitions, or another HDD, but this is EVERY FREAKIN' TIME! WTF IS IT DOING? Oh! The other thing is every time I boot up my Desktop icons are all white. No associations.

Thanks,
    GPL

:)

gplea, May 14, 2016
  2. MrDerfla Win User

Invalid memory access

it is already set to off, and even when i click to turn it on my screen does a quick flash and it remains off.

MrDerfla, May 14, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, May 14, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Mine is instant, under a second. Maybe there are issues with your computer.

OTH I only have 8 hard drives with a total of 17 terabytes connected to my system. Maybe your system is a bit more complicated.

Rocky, May 14, 2016
  5. There are 2 things you can do both links are in my signature
    1 is SFC Command
    2 is In-place Upgrade
    Or the DISM Link

Read both through to make sure you understand before you start them

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting to Shut Off Quick Access & "Redraw" - Similar Threads - Setting Shut Off

2. Adding Ethernet Settings to the Quick Access menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Ethernet Settings to the Quick Access menu: This question was close to answering the question I have but did not.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-network-tray-icon-is-missing-windows-11/08734a41-00ce-4657-b2ce-febd7085de6fThere is not quick way to get into internet settings from the quick...
  3. Pinned folders drop off quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned folders drop off quick access: I use quick access in file explorer a lot. I pin folders that I use frequently. On an irregular but frequent basis the pins reset to to default downloads, documents, music, etc. This started when I used Windows 10. I have since upgraded to Windows 11 mainly to try to solve...
  4. Pinned folders drop off quick access

Pinned folders drop off quick access: I use quick access in file explorer a lot. I pin folders that I use frequently. On an irregular but frequent basis the pins reset to to default downloads, documents, music, etc. This started when I used Windows 10. I have since upgraded to Windows 11 mainly to try to solve...
  5. Quick Access settings not saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access settings not saved: Running Windows 11 Pro, for the last 30-60 days, Quick Access settings are not saved. I configure how I want and, when I come back, re-set to default. Any fix?...
  6. Quick Access settings not saved

Quick Access settings not saved: Running Windows 11 Pro, for the last 30-60 days, Quick Access settings are not saved. I configure how I want and, when I come back, re-set to default. Any fix?...
  7. Quick settings menu is cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick settings menu is cut off: Hi!My quick menu settings window is cropped at the top and cuts off the wifi bluetooth and airplane mode keys. A reboot hasn't fixed it as of yet. I've attached a picture. Thanks!...
  8. Quick settings menu is cut off

Quick settings menu is cut off: Hi!My quick menu settings window is cropped at the top and cuts off the wifi bluetooth and airplane mode keys. A reboot hasn't fixed it as of yet. I've attached a picture. Thanks!...
  9. No luck finding Quick Access settings

No luck finding Quick Access settings: As expected, no luck finding the Quick Access settings file. Yet another deeply hidden thing no one can say where. The normal path through Roaming and so on is not valid, I could not follow it. Any other ideas?...
  10. quick access settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access settings: Is there a way to increase the number of recent files displayed in the quick access panel in Win10? Mine defaults to 20. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-settings/cb65c45f-e503-4e4b-8b23-e97f5e62a5ad