Windows 10: setting up a new device

Discus and support setting up a new device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have several devices . how should I go about setting up my new laptop using the same Microsoft account so that my Norton knows that they are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TEB Records, Aug 12, 2018.

1. setting up a new device

I have several devices . how should I go about setting up my new laptop using the same Microsoft account so that my Norton knows that they are two separate devices? in other words how should I set up an additional device?

:)

TEB Records, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 12, 2018
  4. setting up a new device

Unable to add Device (New Speakers)

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Is the sound device recognized by other applications?
    • Are you able to set the audio device as output for audio players?

I suggest you to run the Sound troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left corner.
    • Click on Playing sound from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to check if the device is listed in playback devices.

• Type sound in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if the device is listed under Playback tab.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

setting up a new device

1. setting up a new device - Similar Threads - setting device

2. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  3. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  4. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  5. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  6. [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone": Does it keep asking you to "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone" over, and over, and over, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER...?It wouldn't be a big deal if you actually COULD setup the iPhone to work with Windows 11, but you CAN'T. The integration is trash. It doesn't work...
  7. [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone"

[Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone": Does it keep asking you to "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone" over, and over, and over, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER...?It wouldn't be a big deal if you actually COULD setup the iPhone to work with Windows 11, but you CAN'T. The integration is trash. It doesn't work...
  8. New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account: I recently updated my Windows 11 and got a new feature. This new feature helps with mobile devices and Phone Link.It can be found on Windows 11 Settings < Bluetooth & devices < Mobile devices < Manage devices.From what I saw, your account should automatically sign in but mine...
  9. New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account

New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account: I recently updated my Windows 11 and got a new feature. This new feature helps with mobile devices and Phone Link.It can be found on Windows 11 Settings < Bluetooth & devices < Mobile devices < Manage devices.From what I saw, your account should automatically sign in but mine...
  10. Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?

Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?: I want to on/off device encryption settings in security & privacy using my powershell automation script. so it is possible or not please provide me official information on itThanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting a new device