Windows 10: Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

Discus and support Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; i have a old philips 180p2g/00 h 18 inch lcd monitor and would like to set it up as a secondary monitor just to show pdf's on for recipes. i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xXWhackerXx, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

i have a old philips 180p2g/00 h 18 inch lcd monitor and would like to set it up as a secondary monitor just to show pdf's on for recipes. i want to keep my main monitor set the way it current is. can can one point me at a good tutorial for doing this? thanks

:)

xXWhackerXx, Nov 15, 2017

2. monitor issues

Some programs launch on my secondary monitor even when I drag it back and close it on my primary monitor. It re-did all the monitor setting configurations but it still ends up on my secondary monitor which is a hassle.

Thanks for all your help!

ZeroKnightCX9, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Cant set TV as my Primary Monitor

Original title: Monitor Switch

Alright so I have just set up a TV and I want it to be my primary monitor (The TV brand is SEIKI.) but no matter what I do, it sets it as the secondary monitor. I have tried switching cables but it sets it up as secondary.

Now I might know that the problem is that it is a TV, but I need to change it because of how I have everything set up.

Mikel-(TwistedSC), Nov 15, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

I use an older monitor when viewing PDF's for tax season. As long as your video card is capable of running multiple monitors, you should be ready to go. I have my main monitor hooked up via HDMI, and my second monitor is hooked up via DVI. Once you have all of that set up then you set up Windows to do multiples.

debsawyer, Nov 15, 2017
  5. i get that but i want to make sure i can say browse the net, watch a show, play a game, etc on the main monitor and just have open pdf's on the secondary monitor. in other words i don't need spanning.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 15, 2017
  6. debsawyer Win User
    You need to set it as two separate screes. Have you tried it?

debsawyer, Nov 15, 2017
  7. just did after reading you last post. OMFG TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy. thanks a lot, very much appreciated.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 16, 2017
  8. debsawyer Win User

You have the option when setting up multiple displays to: extend the display, duplicate a display, show only 1, or show only two. I extend my display that way I can do different activities on each display.

debsawyer, Nov 16, 2017
  9. debsawyer Win User
    Great. Sometimes you just have to do it, and work from there*Wink.

debsawyer, Nov 16, 2017
  10. i was nervous cause the last time i had dual monitors was back in 2008 and the hoops i had to jump through to get it up and running much less not to span one desktop on both screens had me pulling out what little hair i had at that time. thanks again for the push.

11. debsawyer Win User
    No problem, enjoy
    Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor [​IMG]

debsawyer, Nov 16, 2017
  12. Plankton Win User
    Yep...I have 2 main monitors and just recently connected an older 3rd monitor. This is what it looks like.

Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor [​IMG]

Excuse the mess.

Plankton, Nov 16, 2017
  13. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

14. ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, Nov 18, 2017
  15. Plankton Win User
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say as it's hard to follow and understand.

As for a reboot, both monitors are turned off and then turned on. What monitor you have set as the primary is the first active monitor.

Plankton, Nov 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor - Similar Threads - Setting Older Secondary

2. I can't set correct resolution for secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set correct resolution for secondary monitor.: I have laptop with buit-in monitor resolution 1920x1080 and secondary monitor via HDMI with max resolution 2560x1440.A few month ago after one of Windows updates after reboot resolution of secondary monitor become 1920x1080 and there is no option in properties to change back...
  3. I can't set correct resolution for secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set correct resolution for secondary monitor.: I have laptop with buit-in monitor resolution 1920x1080 and secondary monitor via HDMI with max resolution 2560x1440.A few month ago after one of Windows updates after reboot resolution of secondary monitor become 1920x1080 and there is no option in properties to change back...
  4. Toolbar on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar on secondary monitor: This is the same question that GrandPheonix has asked.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-on-secondary-monitor/e00b197a-1143-4207-b0be-618ee4986eccIs there a way to either change this in any of the windows settings or does this have to be coded into...
  5. Toolbar on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbar on secondary monitor: This is the same question that GrandPheonix has asked.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-on-secondary-monitor/e00b197a-1143-4207-b0be-618ee4986eccIs there a way to either change this in any of the windows settings or does this have to be coded into...
  6. Add a secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary Monitor: I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3593 2020 that has: - i5 1035G1 - MX230 2GB - 1920x1080p, 16:9 integrated monitor 1/ I'm going to plug a 1280 x 1024, 5/4 Dell E190S monitor via HDMI to VGA adapter and VGA to VGA cable. Will the monitor behave badly? 2/ If it does, will...
  7. Monitor Set Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Set Up: I’ve got two systems that I’d like both to share dual monitors. Is there a switch that exists that would allow me to do this? submitted by /u/Mobilematt1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isvesy/monitor_set_up/
  8. Secondary Monitor Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary Monitor Blurry: Any secondary monitor connected to this new laptop is blurry. I have tried several work-arounds (scaling adjustments) but nothing has improved the second monitor. even i followed the below link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps....
  9. Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Monitor Touchscreen: Hello, I have a theater room with a projector as my main display. I have recently bought an old Mimo UM-740 7" touchscreen. I have it working as a secondary display, problem is, the touch screen is moving the mouse on the main display. Is there a way to have just the...
  10. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...