Windows 10: Setting up a simple FTP

Discus and support Setting up a simple FTP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there! I've decided to try to set up a small FTP server to use so that I can easily work on a project from home and from school on two different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew9768, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Setting up a simple FTP

Hello there! I've decided to try to set up a small FTP server to use so that I can easily work on a project from home and from school on two different computers and it isn't going too well. I made an FTP server a few years ago so I know it's possible that I'm just making a simple mistake or missing a step when setting it up, but I believe the problem has to do with my funky internet. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me set up an FTP server which probably requires "fixing" my internet. I didn't set up my internet so I'm not exactly sure why it is how it is and how to reverse it. Here's how it works: I have Network1 and Network2. Network1 is my main network that almost all of my devices use (so if it's necessary, shutting down Network2 wouldn't be a problem) and it uses Eeros. Network2 uses a normal router, and regardless of what network you are connected to Network2's ip is displayed as the public ip, which might be the source of the problem.

Edit: It appears that Network1 relies on Network2, so if Network2 is turned off so is Network1, but not vice versa.

Edit2: Regardless of what I do I can't seem to port forward or access the FTP from another network, but I can only access it from the same computer if I'm using Network1

:)

Andrew9768, Feb 26, 2018

2. FTP Network not connecting

I'm trying to set up a FTP for our non-profit and I'm having some problems. I set it up no problem a couple days ago but realized after I had to reset our router that I needed a static IP. So I get the static IP set up and go to recreate the FTP. I can access
    the files through file explorer and through my browser on the computer that I used to set up the FTP. I cannot access the FTP on another computer even though it's on the same network. Before I give up and go the shared folder route, does anyone have any advice
    on how to fix this issue?

mhaetmh101, Feb 26, 2018
  3. Symbian ftp server?

Is there free symbian ftp (or tftp) server software available?

ftp servers are tiny, and very simple to write, so I'm surprised one doesn't exist already (or at least none that I can find).

Does such a beast exist?

bricky---01, Feb 26, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Setting up a simple FTP

Welcome to the forum. The simple way in this day and age is save file to Google drive or Onedrive then you can access them from andy device anywhere in the world. You just install the app and it will sync and backup on its own.

If you want FTP haveyou got an ftp server? If you have is it running in Passive mode or Active mode? You will need to know your internet IP and you will have to forward ports to the pc for it to work

Samuria, Feb 26, 2018
Thema:

Setting up a simple FTP

1. Setting up a simple FTP - Similar Threads - Setting simple FTP

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  5. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  6. How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10: I have set up FTP on a windows 10 PC and have no problem accessing the file from another network with my public IP address. As soon as I assign a self assigns SSL certificate I can't access the drive. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?...
  7. How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An FTP or File Transfer Protocol Server is a public or private server which can host files that can be accessed locally as well as globally. It is seamless, flexible and fast which means that you can store any kind of [...] This post How to set up an FTP...
  8. How do I set up File Transfer Protocol ftp in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set up File Transfer Protocol ftp in Windows 10: Where do I find ftp programme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-set-up-file-transfer-protocol-ftp-in/569b684d-9265-4833-8246-cef8438d6102
  9. Simple Back Up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Simple Back Up: I have a single 1tb external hard drive and two Win 10 laptops - both 64bit - one is win 10 Home the other is Win 10 pro. Both have a 500gb hdd. Is it possible (and easy) to back up both laptops to the one hard drive? I need a full back up of Windows, settings,...
  10. How to set passive mode for ftp?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set passive mode for ftp?: I had this set, but I can't find it, and I'm guessing an update reverted the setting... I'm trying to ftp to my FireTV, so I have a link in explorer to "ftp://192.168.1.4*Tongueort#" and it was working fine, but now it's telling me I need to set passive mode. I've googled...