Windows 10: Setting up auto system restore? Not sure how it got shut off

Discus and support Setting up auto system restore? Not sure how it got shut off in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just discovered yesterday my Windows 10 PC was not creating automatic restore points. Really not sure how that happened since I had the option on in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pittguy578, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Setting up auto system restore? Not sure how it got shut off

Just discovered yesterday my Windows 10 PC was not creating automatic restore points. Really not sure how that happened since I had the option on in Windows 8.1. Going into the new "Settings" bar under PC Update/Restore/Backup and not seeing an option to create auto restore points under that tab. Am I missing something?

:)

pittguy578, Mar 30, 2015
  2. DrG-P Win User

I fixed it .. not totally sure how but I DID IT ..so u can too!

1:25a -- FINALLY got the auto repair to open and I did a restore Windows 10 -- (I sure hope that wasn't a mistake!!!) but I am back into my PC!!!

11:35p -- I was FINALLY able to out type the dang auto restart and get into system restore -- waited .. HOPING .. and then on restart after restore it did it again!!!!! I WANT MY PC BACK!!!

Coming up on 2 days now of not having my PC since the latest Windows 10 update.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

I am not a tech .. being a disabled man, I can't afford techs .. my PC was fine until the update .. so was my life!!!

When the PC restarts it says that there is a problem "Bad Pool Header" and needs to restart ... and it does so on its own.

Can not stop it ... can not control it.

I have tried the shut down in order to get the auto repair to kick in -- has not worked.

Have been doing it FOR HOURS now!!!

Sign in .. there's a problem .. "we'll restart it for you" ..

Sign in .. there's a problem .. "we'll restart it for you" ..

OVER & OVER & OVER.

Can't do a system restore because the page only stays open a few seconds before it does the restart!

Can't reinstall Windows 10 for the same reason ...

Hello ... I want my PC back PLEASE!!!

DrG-P, Mar 30, 2015
  3. avagarden Win User
    How do I shut down an app to make sure it isn't running in the background using up battery?

Go settings... Swipe to Applications.... Background tasks and just disable the apps you don't want running.... Some system services cant be stopped.... Like app highlights... Details and info.... Here drive and maps but you can uninstall them if you don't
    need them.... Details and info you cant as that's a hard wired app monitoring your software etc

avagarden, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Setting up auto system restore? Not sure how it got shut off

Brink, Mar 30, 2015
Thema:

Setting up auto system restore? Not sure how it got shut off

1. Setting up auto system restore? Not sure how it got shut off - Similar Threads - Setting auto system

2. System restore off, why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore off, why?: I usually always have the restore points setting toggled on. Edge or Chrome fails 'to connect to ' YouTube following the latest update to Edge or maybe since the last update to Windows...
  3. System restore off, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore off, why?: I usually always have the restore points setting toggled on. Edge or Chrome fails 'to connect to ' YouTube following the latest update to Edge or maybe since the last update to Windows...
  4. System restore off, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  6. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  7. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. usb auto shut off issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    usb auto shut off issue: how many times do i have to disable this bs option seriously do the win 10 dev staff sit around a table and say how can we screw with our customers today also how to i turn off auto install for this crappy bluetooth that came installed on my desktop...
  9. System Settings Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Settings Restore: Hi! i just wanna ask about my windows 10 pro x64 i made a lot of changes like 1. Disable Open File Security (set to DISABLE tru registry) 2. Change user account control settings - set to DISABLE lower value 3. and some settings i change but suddenly i shutdown my...
  10. Reset: Shut off before set up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset: Shut off before set up?: I reset my laptop to sell it. After the reset, I'm at a set up screen (time zone, region, etc) and the legal page is next. I want to leave these for the new user to do but there's no power control on the screen. Pressing the physical power button puts it to sleep. A...