Windows 10: setting up homegroup in windows 10

Discus and support setting up homegroup in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded windows 8.1 with Bing, which had a homegroup, to windows 10. After the upgrade I was unable to set up a homegroup. Message, "this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tinstarr, Nov 12, 2015.

1. tinstarr Win User

setting up homegroup in windows 10

I recently upgraded windows 8.1 with Bing, which had a homegroup, to windows 10. After the upgrade I was unable to set up a homegroup. Message, "this computer is unable to set up a homegroup" *Sad

:)

tinstarr, Nov 12, 2015
  2. pdoyle1 Win User

Windows 10 - Homegroup cannot be set up on this computer

So if I remove all my Windows 10 pc's from WORKGROUP; I can then re-establish one Homegroup that all can join?

Currently the pc that set up the homegroup cannot join any homegroup, and cannot set up a homegroup. It might have happened after I did a windows 10 re-install 8 months ago; not quite sure. Homegroup worked for several years starting with windows 7 and
    into windows 10. For the past year, it hasn't worked on all pc's; just some.

pdoyle1, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Smittychat., Nov 12, 2015
  4. setting up homegroup in windows 10

IN services.msc In the Status column, next to the Peer Networking Grouping and HomeGroup Provider services, you should see the word Started. If you don't see this, double‑click the name of the service, and then click Start.

manish9009, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

setting up homegroup in windows 10

1. setting up homegroup in windows 10 - Similar Threads - setting homegroup

2. Bootup is turning Homegroup Public folders access "ON" even though I want and SET it "OFF"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootup is turning Homegroup Public folders access "ON" even though I want and SET it "OFF"....: Note default is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootup-is-turning-homegroup-public-folders-access/8dcded8e-c3af-48e8-80e5-b17517d60d0c
  3. Bootup is turning Homegroup Public folders access "ON" even though I want and SET it "OFF"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootup is turning Homegroup Public folders access "ON" even though I want and SET it "OFF"....: Note default is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootup-is-turning-homegroup-public-folders-access/8dcded8e-c3af-48e8-80e5-b17517d60d0c
  4. Set up homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set up homegroup in Windows 10: Have just installed Win 10 ot previously blank SSD, in place of Windows 7. Can anyone point me to a clear description of how to set up a homegroup network in my new installation of windows 10?...
  5. Missing Set Up Homegroup button!

Missing Set Up Homegroup button!: I want to connect my desktop and my laptop. I went to Network settings/status and I'm supposed to see a Homegroup button to set it up but I don't have one. How can I do it?...
  6. homegroup settings not found

homegroup settings not found: I have win 10 ver 1809 and homegroup settings not found any where? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-settings-not-found/8c0b5af8-1bc6-4b71-895f-4b4f89cefc47
  7. Cannot share or set permissions for default Folders - Homegroup Issue

Cannot share or set permissions for default Folders - Homegroup Issue: Dear All, I hope that someone can help me. I am setup as an administrator within Window 10. For some unknown reason I cannot share or set permissions for the default Documents folder Music folder or Printers and Drivers to be shared across a Homegroup. THE EXACT...
  8. I need a complete list of settings to make my Homegroup work.

I need a complete list of settings to make my Homegroup work.: I hope you don't get as confused as I am.... I have 3 win 10 computers, 1 HP 530-339 64 Bit, 1 Dell 530S 32 Bit and 1 Dell 560S 64 Bit. I need to let folks know I am a non-techie with an 85 year old slow brain. When I bought the 560 I tried to set up a Homegroup, I was...
  9. PC reports that it is not possible to set up a Homegroup

PC reports that it is not possible to set up a Homegroup: I am having trouble with File Explorer on my wife's PC (Val1606). Under Network, it does not show my PC (Tony0415) but it has appeared under This PC but no longer. However, what it showed was that Tony0415 was merely a Media Device. It would be good if I could get Val1606...
  10. Trouble setting up homegroup on local network?

Trouble setting up homegroup on local network?: I have a desktop (DT) and a portable (P)-both HPs and running the same Windows 10. I believe that I have followed all instructions well, but get confusing instructions when I go to add the P to the DT (main computer). Here's what i did: I set up a homegroup on the DT and got...