Windows 10: Setting up login is Confusing?

Discus and support Setting up login is Confusing? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm just moved from Windows 7 to 10 so I'm still trying to sort out all the changes (did the Upgrade option of not saving anything). I just can't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mccoady, Aug 9, 2015.

1. mccoady Win User

Setting up login is Confusing?

I'm just moved from Windows 7 to 10 so I'm still trying to sort out all the changes (did the Upgrade option of not saving anything). I just can't figure out this login thing though. We have two User Accounts on my desktop PC and the way we had it on Windows 7 was that once you rebooted it gave you the option of either account... no login was required so very simple.

So setting up Windows 10 it gave me my User account and then I went to "Family & other Users" and set up my wife as an additional Admin User. Is there anyway to have it like it was with Windows 7 with no login for either User?

As a compromise I tried running the netplwiz and experimented with that but I can't seem to set it like I want. If I leave it checked so each user has to login I suppose that would work since I also set a Pin for mine which isn't too bad I guess. So if I could set a Pin for the other User account I could live with it but I don't see an option to do so?

:)

mccoady, Aug 9, 2015
  2. IcyPalm Win User

Problems setting up Fingerprint or PIN login

Hello,

I just reïnstalled Windows 10 on my laptop, twice now and both times I cannot seem to add a fingerprint login. This is not because the driver doesn't work or the fingerprint module doesn't work but at the end when a PIN needs to be set it just exists and does
    not setup the fingerprint.

Also when trying to add a PIN seperately is does not work. It shows a blue "working on it" circle after entering a PIN but it does not setup a PIN.

I use Windows 10 Pro N build 14393.693

Fingerprint scanner: EgisTec ES603 in a BTO(Clevo) Laptop

IcyPalm, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Setting up multiple login accounts on windows 8.1 phone Nokia Lumia 635

What you want to do can not be done on a windows phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Setting up login is Confusing?

1. Setting up login is Confusing? - Similar Threads - Setting login Confusing

2. Confusing Security Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing Security Settings: Device Security it shows Standard hardware not supported, but Core Isolation is engaged, secure boot is engaged, but intermittently it will also show enhanced, what's going on? My TPM is engaged in BIOS, I'm confused! IEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on...
  3. Confusing Security Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing Security Settings: Device Security it shows Standard hardware not supported, but Core Isolation is engaged, secure boot is engaged, but intermittently it will also show enhanced, what's going on? My TPM is engaged in BIOS, I'm confused! IEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on...
  4. SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE

SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE: I bought a computer to be used by students attending my medical training school. I set up the computer using my Microsoft account, but then all my personal stuff email and all my desktop icons displays. I don't want them to see any of that. How do I set up a separate login...
  5. login email confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    login email confusion: When I started up a new Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 10, I entered the wrong email address instead of my actual MS account email address. The address I used is one that is in the process of being cancelled by MS, so even though the startup process completed, I think it is...
  6. login email confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login email confusion: When I started up a new Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 10, I entered the wrong email address instead of my actual MS account email address. The address I used is one that is in the process of being cancelled by MS, so even though the startup process completed, I think it is...
  7. login email confusion

8. Diagnostic settings confusion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic settings confusion: I look at the diagnostic settings it says at Full, Microsoft also collects the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs (which may unintentionally include parts of a file you were using when a problem occurred). What does it mean ? Does Microsoft...
  9. Confusion with Office365 login, can't use onedrive / remote login

Confusion with Office365 login, can't use onedrive / remote login: I took the plunge today and did a clean install of Windows 10 pro downloaded from MSDN. pleased to say it was the best install experience of any OS i've worked with. the performance is also incredible, everything is very snappy & responsive. during setup, i opted for "my...
  10. Confused UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused UEFI settings: I have win 8.1 pro currently installed in UEFI mode. I have installed another hard drive and want to install Windows10 pro but use my win 8.1 as default. My confusion on UEFI settings arises from the fact that when I installed Win 8 I set the OS Type to Win8 in UEFI...