Windows 10: SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC

Discus and support SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to set up remote access to a Windows 7 pc based in South Africa using Windows 10 version. I have set up the remote access default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HoeganaesCorp, Jul 9, 2018.

1. SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC

Hello

I am trying to set up remote access to a Windows 7 pc based in South Africa using Windows 10 version.

I have set up the remote access default and when I try to connect I get the following message:

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

:)

HoeganaesCorp, Jul 9, 2018

2. Using Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 7 PC from Windows 10 PC

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• What exactly the error message are you getting?
    • How do you set up Remote Desktop connection?
    To check if you are doing it right, make sure Remote Desktop settings is turned on using Windows 10. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow remote access to your computer.
    • On the Remote tab,under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    To check if Remote Desktop is set up on Windows 7, follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click System.
    • On the left pane, click Remote settings.
    • On the Remote tab, under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)
    • Click OK.
    Afterwards, you may now go ahead and start the Remote Desktop connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Using Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 7 PC from Windows 10 PC

Have you done the steps provided above on the Windows 10 computer?

See the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow remote access to your computer.
    • On the Remote tab,under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 9, 2018
  4. SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC

Should The Remote PC Be Logged In Locally To Be Remoted Into

Hi,

The features and functions that you can use when you are remotely accessing a PC will depend on what remote access software you are using. For us to provide effective recommendations, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed on the PC you're remotely accessing?
    • Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on the PC you are using to remotely access other devices?
    • Are the computers connected to a domain network?
    • What remote access software are you using?

These links include information about Windows Remote Desktop:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC

1. SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC - Similar Threads - SETTING REMOTE ACCESS

2. Set up remote access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up remote access.: Set up remote access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-remote-access/0656b06e-c5e2-41b8-ad1a-872595c00e39
  3. Set up remote access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up remote access.: Set up remote access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-remote-access/0656b06e-c5e2-41b8-ad1a-872595c00e39
  4. Remote Access Help Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Access Help Windows 7: Hello Im looking to get some assistance setting up my remote access for my desktop computer so that i will be able to use my laptop at home to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access-help-windows-7/1e3d7d63-b200-428f-9b38-fa63f450cee1
  5. Remote Access Help Windows 7

Remote Access Help Windows 7: Hello Im looking to get some assistance setting up my remote access for my desktop computer so that i will be able to use my laptop at home to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access-help-windows-7/1e3d7d63-b200-428f-9b38-fa63f450cee1
  6. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...: I paid for the pro version on my desktop at home so I could setup remote access through VPN and RDP when I go Nomad. I followed all of the guides videos, and everything else I could google and still can't get ANY of it to work. I don't configure this stuff on a regular basis...
  7. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...: I paid for the pro version on my desktop at home so I could setup remote access through VPN and RDP when I go Nomad. I followed all of the guides videos, and everything else I could google and still can't get ANY of it to work. I don't configure this stuff on a regular basis...
  8. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Trouble setting up Remote Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble setting up Remote Access: Hi, Remote Connection tells me I can't have a blank password. But I cannot see where to put a password into the target computer. Is a new User a/c with password needed? However the User Accounts page doesn't show a "Create New User" option. Thanks for any help. 117238
  10. SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC: Hello I am trying to set up remote access to a Windows 7 pc based in South Africa using Windows 10 version. I have set up the remote access default and when I try to connect I get the following message:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting up remote access windows 7

2. windows 7 remote access setting