Windows 10: Setting up scan to computer

Discus and support Setting up scan to computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used to be able before windows 10 to scan directly to this computer now I have to go to the printer app is there any way to reinstall that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by carlrock, Aug 5, 2015.

1. carlrock Win User

Setting up scan to computer

I used to be able before windows 10 to scan directly to this computer now I have to go to the printer app is there any way to reinstall that function.*Rolleyes

:)

carlrock, Aug 5, 2015

2. Problem setting up Windows 10 fax and scan with new fax modem

Hello Lakeshoremill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This Error message "The Windows Search service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs" indicates that there might be missing subkeys or registry entries
    with the Current User Profile. Try the below mentioned steps and check if they helps.

* Click Start, type services.msc and select the same from the list.

* In services windows, spot and right-click on Fax
    Service then select Properties.

* Go to Log On tab, then select
    Local System Account and click OK.

* Once done try if you're able to Start the service.

Keep us posted if your require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Problem setting up Windows 10 fax and scan with new fax modem

I have a new USRobotics 56K fax modem High Performance V.92 which I have attached to my computer with the USB connector and it says it is working properly. When I try to send a fax, it says there is no modem. Looking at other posts, I learned I need to
    start the Windows Fax and Scan program. Following instructions for Win 7 I went to Control Panel/Admin Tools/Component Services/Services (local)/Fax. It is set to Manual but when I press Start, I receive the following error message:

"The Fax service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I have no idea what this means or how to get the fax programme to recognize the modem and send/receive faxes. Help would be appreciated.

lakeshoremill, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Have you installed all of your printer/scanner drivers and software? What make/model is it? We need more info to work with.

Boozad, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Setting up scan to computer - Similar Threads - Setting scan computer

2. New computer set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer set up: Hi,We have an older computer and just bought a new one. We'd like to use the same password as the old computer to be able to sync, but of course during the spell where the MS account was asking for a new password every other day, unsure what it is. We've tried a couple on the...
  3. scan to e-mail set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    scan to e-mail set up: I am trying to set up scan tom e-mail on my printer. It requires smpt server and smpt user Id and smpt passwords I contacted att for these and entered the values they gave but no go. I may need to enter the system administrator and enter or ajust the settings there. How can I...
  4. Defender scheduled scan set up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  5. Defender scheduled scan set up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  6. Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan: I am trying to set up Windows 10 Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem in my laptop, but my computer is connected via wifi to an HP multi-function printer that has fax capability, and the printer is connected to a phone line. Per the HP software, the fax capabilities have...
  7. Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.: Hello, I have tried to configure my fingerprints to protect my laptop is an Acer, but I have not been successful. How do I set up my laptop to log in with fingerprint scanning or password? Thank you....
  8. Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up

Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up: I am trying to set up to send and receive fax directly from my computer, however, windows fax and scan keeps saying there is no account configured. I have used this software a few years ago with Windows 7 without complication, but I just can't seem to get this one going....
  9. Can't Scan to Computer....where is the Scan Actios settings?

Can't Scan to Computer....where is the Scan Actios settings?: The model is: HP Office Jet 4650. I'm not sure if it had been working before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-scan-to-computerwhere-is-the-scan-actios/66a397f9-ffb6-43db-aca6-32b533908614
  10. Computer acting up since Norton scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer acting up since Norton scan: So, today i opened my PC, and since its been a while, i had to run a quick scan. It found something of medium risk, not sure of the name. And then it asked for a reboot to apply the changes, which I did. After that i had to reboot it many times because it was really slow and...