Windows 10: Setting Up updates - not completing 2

Discus and support Setting Up updates - not completing 2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My PC is stuck on stage 2 of 2 for setting up updates. A lot of posts tells me to restart and it's good to go. When I restart, it's the same,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DAAAAADDDA, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Setting Up updates - not completing 2

Hi,

My PC is stuck on stage 2 of 2 for setting up updates. A lot of posts tells me to restart and it's good to go.

When I restart, it's the same, still having a blue screen of "setting up updates on stage 2 of 2". Is there a way that I can exit from the bluescreen? Again, a reboot brings me to the same screen.

Thanks for your help,

:)

DAAAAADDDA, Aug 27, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Setting Up updates - not completing 2 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 27, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Setting Up updates - not completing 2

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Setting Up updates - not completing 2

1. Setting Up updates - not completing 2 - Similar Threads - Setting updates completing

2. Still setting up 2 days not enough

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Still setting up 2 days not enough: I enabled Hyper -V to just check the leaked ISO in Virtual machineBut Why is this like thisCan anybody suggest a way outThank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-setting-up-2-days-not-enough/8343242d-a61a-4deb-86c0-77d86b834a78
  3. Set Up questions for Surace Go 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set Up questions for Surace Go 2: I just bought a new Surface Go 2, which of course runs Windows 10S. I have two questions. Please note that the questions are connected in that I need to accomplish the first objective without compromising my capability to accomplish the second. First question, I don't want to...
  4. how do I set up auto complete

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I set up auto complete: How do I set up Autocomplete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-auto-complete/5a90da69-7c3d-4682-b41c-e16cd2c4e469
  5. Settings completely broken, starts up, but no settings work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings completely broken, starts up, but no settings work.: So im going to set up a double monitor set up and wanted to change the displays on the monitors. I open settings and it looks different than usual. Its all white and just has a search bar in the top middle. I type in the search and it brings up the prompts. But the prompts...
  6. Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2

Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2: My new Surface Studio 2 was damaged during an electrical storm. What was weird was that the touchscreen, usb ports and Bluetooth all stopped functioning. But the display worked and Windows would start. I just had no way of inputting anything. MS agreed to replace the...
  7. Setting up 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting up 2 monitors: I have just built my desktop with Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU. I have two older monitors (but still very good) with VGA plug. I have purchased two adapters (HDMT/VGA, DP/VGA) so I can plug them in the GPU. I want to have two monitors running simultaneously for my video...
  8. Stage 2 of 2 Setting up updates - Windows 10 Citrix desktops

Stage 2 of 2 Setting up updates - Windows 10 Citrix desktops: I created virtual desktops from my template and it is booting through PVS server vDisk. I had no problems with these desktops when I was testing, but when I wanted it to go for production, I start the desktop, it goes into this stage and keeps on rebooting the computer. What...
  9. Need help setting up 2 displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help setting up 2 displays: I just had a new video card installed. And I connected my main monitor via HDMI and second monitor with VGA. Main monitor only gets background photo and the pinned aps on bottom, the second monitor has search box, pinned aps background photo and desktop aps Like normal. But...
  10. Setting up updates - not completing

Setting up updates - not completing: Hi, My PC is setting up updates for 24 hours now. It's been stage 2 of 2 forever. What can I do to fix this? The internet connection is fine. Thanks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck “setting up updates”