Windows 10: Setting up updates - not completing

Discus and support Setting up updates - not completing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My PC is setting up updates for 24 hours now. It's been stage 2 of 2 forever. What can I do to fix this? The internet connection is fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DAAAAADDDA, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Setting up updates - not completing

Hi,

My PC is setting up updates for 24 hours now. It's been stage 2 of 2 forever.

What can I do to fix this? The internet connection is fine.

Thanks,

:)

DAAAAADDDA, Aug 27, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Setting up updates - not completing :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Setting up updates - not completing

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Setting up updates - not completing

1. Setting up updates - not completing - Similar Threads - Setting updates completing

2. Update not completing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update not completing: For a while now this has been happening: my computer slowing down in an endless update. It would take 10 minutes to boot up and 30 minutes to shut down, practically forcing me to hard shutdown at times. The update 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...
  3. Update not completing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update not completing: For a while now this has been happening: my computer slowing down in an endless update. It would take 10 minutes to boot up and 30 minutes to shut down, practically forcing me to hard shutdown at times. The update 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...
  4. Update not completing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I set up auto complete

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I set up auto complete: How do I set up Autocomplete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-auto-complete/5a90da69-7c3d-4682-b41c-e16cd2c4e469
  6. Windows 10 Clean Reinstall complete, setting up again

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clean Reinstall complete, setting up again: Problem with Windows 10 update Moving on from here, and suggestions about partitioning my drive having successfully clean installed windows 10. If I could do windows XP, this would actually be a no brainer, but its still a good suggestion. Even after restoring my mp3 files...
  7. Settings completely broken, starts up, but no settings work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings completely broken, starts up, but no settings work.: So im going to set up a double monitor set up and wanted to change the displays on the monitors. I open settings and it looks different than usual. Its all white and just has a search bar in the top middle. I type in the search and it brings up the prompts. But the prompts...
  8. Update will not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update will not complete: there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-will-not-complete/9a67c1a5-9cbd-48f0-bb77-a62864be247e
  9. Update not completed.

Update not completed.: I have in my laptop windows 10 version 1709. I want to update to version 1803. But when start updated an error massage displayed code 1xc1900107. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-not-completed/3bd8a2b7-5dec-4ce0-8490-8608387bc1c4
  10. Setting Up updates - not completing 2

Setting Up updates - not completing 2: Hi, My PC is stuck on stage 2 of 2 for setting up updates. A lot of posts tells me to restart and it's good to go. When I restart, it's the same, still having a blue screen of "setting up updates on stage 2 of 2". Is there a way that I can exit from the bluescreen? Again,...