Windows 10: Settings / Accounts Page Crashes and Does Not Load

Discus and support Settings / Accounts Page Crashes and Does Not Load in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there Got a niggly problem with my W10 Pro install. It's not a show stopper but any advice would be appreciated. As the title says, if you go... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GregE240, Jan 30, 2016.

1. GregE240 Win User

Settings / Accounts Page Crashes and Does Not Load

Hi there

Got a niggly problem with my W10 Pro install. It's not a show stopper but any advice would be appreciated.

As the title says, if you go into Settings, Accounts, it does not load. I've got no idea where to start. It's irritating more than anything but I'd like to get it fixed.

:)

GregE240, Jan 30, 2016
  2. johntss Win User

email and app account cannot login

I am trying to sign in on the Windows Store (Windows 10) but each time I click "Sign In" the store does nothing. I decided to try adding an account going to Settings -> Accounts -> Email & app accounts but the page never loads. I left it open for an hour
    and it still has the buffering/loading dots scrolling at the top of the page.

johntss, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Random Windows Crashes

I have to keep this brief before i crash again. Im geeting similar issues. BSOD page fault non page area, critical corruption. plus defender fails to load properly and load screen flickers before crashes.

Crashes usually happen at start up. Sometimes they happen when i start a new program or close a program im using.

Trouble shooting does not help.

AndreCloutier_771, Jan 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Troubleshooting suggestion :

Run a system file check to look for corrupted files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  5. GregE240 Win User
    Thanks David. The /restorehealth failed with an issue with the source files. Currently trying to repair those with an ISO.

GregE240, Jan 30, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I know about " sources file could not be found" message. I can help you fix that.

What do you mean " Currently trying to repair those with an ISO" ?

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  7. GregE240 Win User
    Thanks again.

Sorry, the /restorehealth switch failed saying that the source files could not be found. I've hit a bit of a problem now as I've mounted the ISO and pointed at the install.wim file on the mounted ISO. But still the same issue persists. Any ideas?

GregE240, Jan 30, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

The iso you have has Install.esd. Yes ?
    dism is looking for Install.wim.
    That is why it said " sources file could not be found ".

Go to Tech Bench link and download the iso which includes the Install.wim

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    By the way, which Win 10 version do you have ?

The older 10240 or the current 10586 ?

My method posted above will not work if your copy is 10240 version.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  10. GregE240 Win User
    Hi there,

Unfortunately, the above hasn't worked. Still getting source files could not be found.

And yes, I'm on 10586. I downloaded the N ISO (I'm running 10 Pro N)

i should point out out this is an upgrade from 8.1 about 6 months ago.

Thanks again.

GregE240, Jan 30, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    .............Unfortunately, the above hasn't worked.......................

Please elaborate.
    Does that mean............................
    1. You got the "sources file could not be found " message again ?
    2. Or, it completed successfully but does not help fixing your original problems ?

Which is it ?

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  12. GregE240 Win User
    Sorry, to be clear, 1, still got the source files could not be located error message.

GregE240, Jan 30, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Just to make sure.................
    Did you MOUNT the iso ?
    Did you follow the instructions to the letter ?

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    That includes changing the drive letter H to the actual drive letter your iso is mounted on ?

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Settings / Accounts Page Crashes and Does Not Load - Similar Threads - Settings Accounts Page

2. Spendings page crashing on load for child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Spendings page crashing on load for child: When trying to open the "Spendings" page for one of my kids in Family Safetly the page crashes with an exception. This only happens for one of my kids, unfortunately the one I wanted to view the page for. I recently made a purchase for this child triggered by him asking my...
  3. Spendings page crashing on load for child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spendings page crashing on load for child: When trying to open the "Spendings" page for one of my kids in Family Safetly the page crashes with an exception. This only happens for one of my kids, unfortunately the one I wanted to view the page for :...
  4. Spendings page crashing on load for child

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spendings page crashing on load for child: When trying to open the "Spendings" page for one of my kids in Family Safetly the page crashes with an exception. This only happens for one of my kids, unfortunately the one I wanted to view the page for :...
  5. accounts settings loading forever

accounts settings loading forever: + widgets crashing causing OS temporarily not respond and OneDrive unable to sign in. all of the above started almost simultaneously. file explorer cant open anything and crash....
  6. Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.: When I open it stays like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-in-settings-keeps-loading/ad488b64-9b5c-4246-9979-8b72dcf35a2e
  7. Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.

Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.: When I open it stays like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-in-settings-keeps-loading/ad488b64-9b5c-4246-9979-8b72dcf35a2e
  8. Microsoft Family continuously crashing when loading a account page!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family continuously crashing when loading a account page!: I have been trying to use Microsoft family account web page and it is continuously crashing [ATTACH] This has been ongoing for several days now... Page opens briefly then crashes to display the above message. Following the advice given regarding the error.. ''reload or...
  9. Windows 10 Settings pages don't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Settings pages don't load: I received a notification saying something about an update and not all features were able to load. When I clicked on the notification the settings screen opened but there was no error message. I went to Windows Update to see if there were any pending updates but the screen...
  10. home page wont load to set home page

in Browsers and Email
    home page wont load to set home page: ok I need some help in this matter ive tried everything I'm using windows 10 edge I use bing and when I try to go to my home page via home button it does not take me there I have changed the path in settings to specific page with the url and it still wont take me there if I...