Settings and Start Menu won't open!

Discus and support Settings and Start Menu won't open! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A couple days ago my computer started acting funky and the next day my settings would crash every time I would open it I have tried running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ericdotme, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Ericdotme Win User

A couple days ago my computer started acting funky and the next day my settings would crash every time I would open it I have tried running the troubleshooters and all the commands in PowerShell and cmd but nothing seems to work. Also, my start menu won't open even if I do the command on the keyboard or click it on the computer, I have also run all the troubleshooters I've seen on the web and other threads from people with similar issues. I have tried to run a couple computer cleaners like CCleaner, Norton, and Advanced System Care 11 but that didnt help, I also updated all my drivers on my pc hoping that would help but it didn't. So please help me because I'm out of ideas.

:)

Ericdotme, Jul 6, 2018
  2. 3DArtist_007 Win User

Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jul 6, 2018
  4. tabuf Win User

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings and Start Menu won't open! - Similar Threads - Settings Start Menu

2. After Windows 10 Reset, Start Menu, Cortana, Settings not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Windows 10 Reset, Start Menu, Cortana, Settings not working: After resetting my Surface Pro 4, it's essentially non-functional. I can't bring up the Start Menu. I can't type anything in the Search Bar. Cortana doesn't work. If I do a Win+R ms-settings:, I get "Package could not be registered.". Edge does not open. I've done the...
  3. After Reset: start menu and general windows settings don't work anymore (Surface Pro)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Reset: start menu and general windows settings don't work anymore (Surface Pro): I decided to do a windows reset on my surface pro 2017 because the digitizer was behaving strangely. I chose the 'deepest' reset option (the one that is recommended for when you give away the pc afterwards). Everything seemed to have worked smoothly, but after it was...
  4. Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen: So yeah.. title? I don't know how or why it happened. One day, it just kinda did, without any possible explanation. Please help me fix these problems, they're the only reason I went and made an account here. I previously had issues with this system, but none were as annoying...
  5. Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list

Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list: I want to remove all of the default apps from the Windows 10 Start Menu so Ican fill it up exclusively with programs of my own choosing. I've come so far as having only two icons/shortcuts left on the start menu, but I cannot figure out how to remove those last two. This is...
  6. Set all apps as default instead pined tiles in full screen start menu

Set all apps as default instead pined tiles in full screen start menu: hi all , i haven't any tiles on start menu and i wanna use full screen start menu when i click start button its shows empty pined tiles screen cause i haven't any tiles on it can i modify start menu to show all apps instead pined tiles ? thx 98330
  7. Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.: Everything was working perfectly until all these issues came up at the same time. Anyone know anything that would resolve this problems?Already tried restarting the computer, SFC /scannow on PowerShell, and restarting explorer.exe. They sometimes provide temporary fixes but...
  8. No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings: Hello! I'm currently in serious need of some help with my Windows 10 PC. I have searched for answers to my problems but it always leads to another error or issue. If anyone has any answers to whats going on below please let me know! Randomly my PC decided to freeze up...
  9. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...
  10. How do I reset Windows Settings to default size?(Start Menu>Setti

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I reset Windows Settings to default size?(Start Menu>Setti: Hi guys, may I know how I can resize the size of Windows Settings (start menu> settings) to the default size? I know that folder sizes can be resized back to default using a bat file done by Brink, Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 However, that doesn't...