Windows 10: Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings

Discus and support Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing the following issue on a system I just fully reinstalled (i.e. including a reformat of the HDD; I'm now running build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sba923, Aug 25, 2018.

1. sba923 Win User

Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings

Hi,

I'm experiencing the following issue on a system I just fully reinstalled (i.e. including a reformat of the HDD; I'm now running build 17134.228).

Every time I try to access the "Focus Assist" settings in the Settings app, it just dies.

Any clue?

:)

sba923, Aug 25, 2018

2. Reset Quick Assist settings

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Stability of connection in Quick Assist depends on the internet connection. We suggest to make sure that you are connected to stable internet. To help you with this, please perform the following steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • On Settings, choose Apps & features.
    • On the left pane, choose Programs and Features.
    • Then, look for Quick Assist and click on it.
    • Choose Advanced options, then Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lemuel Cie, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Kylie0172 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App crashes when you try to access Settings

Hi, Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, it didnt work. The app is still crashing whenever I attempt to access the Settings/Signature menu. It wasn't possible to try your first suggestion because there was no 'Advanced Options' available. I Uninstalled
    and Reinstalled using the links you provided and once the Mail App was up and running again I attempted to access the settings menu and it crashed again. I have logged it as a bug several times in the in-app Feedback feature but have had no response at all. Do
    you have any other suggestions?

Kylie0172, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings

SETTINGS APP CRASHES

Hello, thanks for replying to my question. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem before viewing your reply. I created a temporary new user account using command prompt and used the new user account to update windows 10. As soon as my windows 10
    is up to date the settings app no longer crash. For the time being, the problem is solved. If in the future this problem surface again I might try the steps you suggested.

Kelsey Mun, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings

1. Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings - Similar Threads - Settings app crashes

2. Focus Assist Settings Crashing and Notifications not Showing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus Assist Settings Crashing and Notifications not Showing Windows 11: Hi,I have this problem that, when I get notifications, they are not popping up. For apps like Discord or WhatsApp, which have a notification sound, it does make the sound but the pop-up button does not appear. I checked if Focus Assist option was enabled, but it is not even...
  3. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Focus Assist Settings: I have an issue where I cannot get into the Windows Focus Assist settings in Windows 10I clicked the option and nothing happens.I have checked all my settings I am thinking it is a group policy setting but I checked everything and Quiet Hours is enabled.If anyone has any...
  4. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Focus Assist Settings: I have an issue where I cannot get into the Windows Focus Assist settings in Windows 10I clicked the option and nothing happens.I have checked all my settings I am thinking it is a group policy setting but I checked everything and Quiet Hours is enabled.If anyone has any...
  5. Windows Focus Assist Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Network & Internet and Focus Assist settings crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network & Internet and Focus Assist settings crashing on launch: For about a month now, I've been unable to open a few menus within my settings page. Everything on the main screen works except for Network & Internet, and within the System menu, focus assist crashes the application as well. I'm on build 19041.746 - two Windows updates have...
  7. Focus Assist settings have no effect

Focus Assist settings have no effect: I want the monitor to turn off overnight so I set Automatic rules>During these times to 11:00 pm to 6:00 am, but the monitor stays on all night. TheDuring these hours are Start time and Stop time. Does that mean to turn OFF the display at the Start time and ON at the end...
  8. Focus assist does not appear in Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist does not appear in Settings: I am looking for the Focus assist settings tab in Windows Settings System but it is no where to be found. Can someone please let me know why this might be happening or how I can find these settings? [ATTACH]...
  9. Focus Assistant settings does not react

Focus Assistant settings does not react: So i noticed i do not recieve any Notifications anymore, a quick look into my Quick Settings i realize Focus Assitant is set toAlarms Only a click on it to deactivate it did nothing. Accessing Focus Assistant Settings yielded the same result none of the settings in the...
  10. THERE IS NO FOCUS ASSIST IN ANY OF MY SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THERE IS NO FOCUS ASSIST IN ANY OF MY SETTINGS: Hi. I almost gave up on cortana when I couldn't find it anywhere, but then after I changed something in settings, language stuff I believe, I got cortana back. But I still don't see focus assist anywhere in settings or the cortana banner, and not in the notification thing on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. focus assist settings

2. focus assist crashes

3. windows focus assistant crashes settings

4. focus assist keeps turning on gpo,
  5. focus assist crashed windows explorer,
  6. 1903 windows 10 settings app crashes display system,
  7. focus assist settings crashes,
  8. focus assist crashes settings,
  9. focus assist crashes game,
  10. focus assist settings missing,
  11. focus assist setting,