Windows 10: 'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are...

Discus and support 'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are disabled? on build 17744.rs5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mishra.shubham, Aug 23, 2018.

1. 'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are...

'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are disabled? on build 17744.rs5

:)

mishra.shubham, Aug 23, 2018

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Unable to launch open Settings and Action Center in Windows 10

Hello Emmanuel,

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

From your description, I suspect that the issue seems to be temporary. Suggest you to shutdown your PC completely, then restart it after a while and then try to open settings to see if it responds.

If you want to open Control Panel, type Control Panel
    into the search bar on the task bar, and select the same from the list when it appears. Alternatively you can open
    Settings, through Start Menu or press Windows Key + R,
    then type ms-settings: into the run command and hit Enter. You can also type
    Control Panel in run command to open the same.

In case problem still persist, then try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Use the DISM tool and System File Checker for repairing any missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.
    • Type or copy paste the below command lines one by one into it and hit Enter:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Reboot your system to see if problem still occurs.

If you are able to open settings, I would suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Action Center as well as turn Notification On. To check follow the steps below:

Action Center

1. Click on the Start Menu and click on theSettings icon.

2. Then navigate to System>Notification and Action.

3. ClickTurn system icons on or off option, then slide the
    Action Center bar to ON.

Notification.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 23, 2018
  4. 'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are...

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are...

1. 'Settings' app won't open and in the action bar nothing is clickable all icons are... - Similar Threads - 'Settings' app won't

2. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center app icons not showing in notification bar: Hi Team,I am using windows pro version. from some days i am unable to see action center app icons on my pc. after that i checked action center is in on/off. that is in on only. But, i am unable to see on right corner of my pc. So, i am requesting you please give me suggestion...
  3. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center app icons not showing in notification bar: Hi Team,I am using windows pro version. from some days i am unable to see action center app icons on my pc. after that i checked action center is in on/off. that is in on only. But, i am unable to see on right corner of my pc. So, i am requesting you please give me suggestion...
  4. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  6. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  7. Apps Won't Open at All

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Won't Open at All: The apps are available in the taskbar but will not open on the computer screen. The screen is stuck on the desktop screen and it's only showing the wallpaper, no apps on the desktop screen. I am able to open task view and view my files, but that's it and I can do the windows...
  8. Nothing clickable after startup

Nothing clickable after startup: Since yesterday, without doing anything sepcific, my pc acts really weird after startup. I can login but then I can‘t click on anything except the wallpaper (click on program icons, drag the blue selection rectangle). The taskbar doesn‘t work, neither do programs that I...
  9. Issues with Action Center and Taskbar Icons Not Clickable.

Issues with Action Center and Taskbar Icons Not Clickable.: After the most recent major update, I am no longer able to open any of my Windows Taskbar buttons such as clock, internet connection or the action center. Tried restarting windows explorer and running /sfc scannow. Any help would be much appreciated! submitted by...
  10. Settings App/Start Menu/Battery icon/search bar won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App/Start Menu/Battery icon/search bar won't open: As stated in the title, they don't open when I try to click on them. I've already tried to follow all the tutorials, but they're from a long time ago, and I've scanned for malware using malwarebytes but it still doesn't work. Any advice?...