Windows 10: Settings app won't open

Discus and support Settings app won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabrielMani, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Settings app won't open

every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it

:)

GabrielMani, Aug 16, 2018

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Settings app won't open

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Settings app won't open

1. Settings app won't open - Similar Threads - Settings app won't

2. Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11: I've tried restarting my device, but it didn't help at all. If I go on my start menu, for settings app appears like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-wont-open-on-windows-11/620043af-5416-4fa2-aada-c2749f3f7832
  3. Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11: I've tried restarting my device, but it didn't help at all. If I go on my start menu, for settings app appears like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-wont-open-on-windows-11/620043af-5416-4fa2-aada-c2749f3f7832
  4. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  5. Settings App Won't Open

Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  6. Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app won't open on Windows 11?: Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?...
  7. Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

Settings app won't open on Windows 11?: Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?...
  8. Parts of the Settings app won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Parts of the Settings app won't open.: Parts of the Settings app won't open. The app begins to open, showing the grey screen with the cog icon, but then it crashes. Display Settings and System Settings are the ones that crash for me. Search and you'll see that the crashing settings issue has been around for 5...
  9. Settings app won't open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app won't open.: I tried to access windows settings yesterday on my laptop running 2004 update. And nothing happens. No indication that something is running in background or anything. Click the icon and nothing. Googled, could not find a single working solution. Apart from repair using...
  10. windows settings app won't stay open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8