Windows 10: Settings cant be opened using the Built-in Administrator account

Discus and support Settings cant be opened using the Built-in Administrator account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When we received the acer we open a new outlook.com account. Never used it for any thing else. We apparently used the wrong password to many times and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JOE1865, Nov 29, 2016.

1. JOE1865 Win User

Settings cant be opened using the Built-in Administrator account

When we received the acer we open a new outlook.com account. Never used it for any thing else. We apparently used the wrong password to many times and MS locked us out of the acct. They will not let us back in. We have the password to log into the computer and I used another outlook account and made that an administrator acct. Now when I go and try to use different app I get the message below. The outlook acct that was open with the unit is NO LONGER ANY GOOD.

PS: WIN 10,

Messge that come up when opining app--
    This app can't open
    Settings cant be opened using the Built-in Administrator account Sign in with a different acct
    and try again

:)

JOE1865, Nov 29, 2016

2. Error: Settings can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a differnet account and try again.

Hi Hitesh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience caused. This is a design by default, However, you can change it by following method:

Enable the User Account Control for the Administrator account.

Open Local Security Policy, go to Local Policies –> Security Options –> User Accoumt Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Build-in Administrator Account, and click
    Enabled.

Please refer the link for more details on Local Security Policy:
    Open the Local Group Policy Editor

Check if the issue persists. Get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Error: Settings can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a differnet account and try again.

*Original Title: Please Help me solve the problem

Please Help me solve the problemPlease Help me solve the problemPlease Help me solve the problemPlease Help me solve the problemPlease Help me solve the problemPlease Help me solve the problemPlease Help me solve the problemPlease Help me solve the problem
    Settings cant be opened using the Built-in Administrator account [​IMG]

HiteshSathawane, Nov 29, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Press Windows key + R to open a run dialog box. Type netplwiz and enter. Click the add button. A blue window will open. At the bottom is a link: Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended). Click on that. On the next window click local account. Fill in the info for a local account click finish.

The new account should appear in the list of accounts in the first netplwiz window. Click on the new account and then the properties button. Click on the group membership tab. Check the circle for Administrator and OK. The new account should now be listed in the first window as belonging to the Administrators group. Click OK.

Now restart the computer and log into that new account you created. Then you can fix the other user accounts on the computer.

NavyLCDR, Nov 29, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Not much that you can do. Always use a Local User account as how it was to login with Windows 7. Your email password should never have to be entered, unless the imap or pop server pukes on the other end.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings cant be opened using the Built-in Administrator account - Similar Threads - Settings cant opened

2. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  3. Built-In Administrator Account Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built-In Administrator Account Confusion: I run lusrmgr.msc > Users. On each account shown there, I right-click > Properties. This tells me that, aside from DefaultAccount, Guest, and HomeGroupUser$, I have an Administrator account that is built-in and disabled, and an account named Ray (my name) that is a member of...
  4. Built in administrator account

Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...
  5. The ...cannot be opened with built-in administrator account problem

The ...cannot be opened with built-in administrator account problem: I am trying to help my neighbor upgrade to windows 10 from 8 (we have downgraded once because of these problems, and if I can't get this solved soon, I will have to do it again). In 8 apparently, she was using the builtin admin account as her primary/only account, though...
  6. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built-in administrator

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built-in administrator: I only have one user account on my Windows 10x64 Pro machine and it has administrator privileges with UAC turned off and has been that way ever since it was installed. Now whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge I get a pop-up that says: "Microsoft Edge can't be opened using...
  7. Mail Can't be Opened using the Built-in Administration Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Can't be Opened using the Built-in Administration Account: I can't use any of the panes (calendar, weather, store, etc.) on Windows 10. I receive a message "this app can't open. Mail can't be opened using the built in administration account. How to resolve this issue quickly and reliably? 32598
  8. App can't be opened using the built-in administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App can't be opened using the built-in administrator account.: [img] [img] I was getting UAC shields appearing on some of the icons. I found the solution how to get rid of them by going to the "Local Security Policy" > Local Policies > Security Options and disabling: User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode...
  9. Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account: I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now I can't open Settings using my account (which is an administrator account). I apparently have to use a different account, but I don't have one, and with no access to Settings, I can't make another account. I tried booting into...
  10. "...can't be opened using built-in Administrator account."

in Windows 10 Support
    "...can't be opened using built-in Administrator account.": Hi all, Working on a Win10 touchscreen desktop for a friend who just got scammed by one those fake "call this number, your computer is infected" ads. She foolishly let somebody from Indian remote into her computer and install some fake "weather" software which just caused...