Windows 10: Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Discus and support Settings closing few seconds after opening it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zinjau, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Zinjau Win User

Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes.

:)

Zinjau, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Zinjau Win User

When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes.

Zinjau, Oct 29, 2018
  3. setting is not open only open with few second

Hello Aaditya,

Please answer the questions below:

• What do you exactly mean by "my setting is not open only open with few second and close"?
    • Do you mean that you are unable to open Settings?
    • And when you try to open the Settings, if closes by itself in few seconds?
    • Do yo use any error message?

Please get back to us with the information.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to Run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at
    the same time.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Method 2:

If issue still persist, you can try Clean Boot and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The article For Windows 8/8.1 will work for Windows 10 as well.

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 29, 2018
  4. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Win 10; Settings > Update & Security; will not stay open. The page displays for few seconds then Settings closes down completely.

*Original Title: Settings Win 10

Suggestions please. Win 10; Settings > Update & Security; will not stay open. The page displays for few seconds then Settings closes down completely. All other Settings pages display normally.

KeperraResident, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings closing few seconds after opening it. - Similar Threads - Settings closing few

2. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  3. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  4. A graphic file can be opened but it closes itself after a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A graphic file can be opened but it closes itself after a few seconds: I run Windows 10 Pro, latest version. Long ago I moved the documents folder from where it sits by default to another drive: E:\OneDrive\Documents\. In the Documents folder are various sub-folders. So far there are no problems, but since a week one problem occurred: I use...
  5. Some applications close after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications close after a few seconds.: Hello, first of all, I am a first-time user of this subreddit, so sorry if this is in the wrong category or something like that. Also, sorry if I missed some topic that discusses this problem, but I didn't find any, that worked for me. Today, I encountered a problem, where...
  6. System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...: I recently installed a Windows Update. All of a sudden I am having the strangest issue, did not happen before. Cutting to the chase, here are the key issues I am having on my main account for this computer THEY DO NOT happen on a second user account I created, but I have...
  7. Settings Keeps closing out after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Keeps closing out after a few seconds: Every time i open ANYthing in the settings or settings related, like Penalization, adding a new account, or even the option to check on the network settings, or access what runs at start up. The windows for each thing pops up, but after a few seconds it closes out. I've...
  8. Windows settings closing after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings closing after a few seconds: My setting keeps closing after a few second. I don't know if it is crashing because it doesn't give anything. For example i start settings then i go to devices turn on my bluetooth and then my settings closes....
  9. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. items open up only for a few seconds

2. win10 setting closes after a few seconds