Windows 10: 'Settings' Default is not= Control Panel 'Default Programs' - All

Discus and support 'Settings' Default is not= Control Panel 'Default Programs' - All in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, An observation, not a question. I wanted to set Thunderbird as my default email client again (after having reset defaults whilst looking for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Sep 6, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

'Settings' Default is not= Control Panel 'Default Programs' - All

Hi, An observation, not a question. I wanted to set Thunderbird as my default email client again (after having reset defaults whilst looking for a problem).

So I set it as my default email client in 'System', 'Default Apps'.

This proved not to be the same as using Control Panel, Default Programs, and setting it as handling all file types it could.

(In particular, the first still did not mean Pop Peeper would find a client it could launch, whilst the second did).

I'm wondering if this will prove the same for other programs.

:)

dalchina, Sep 6, 2015
  2. JGregH_ Win User

Get rid of Edge and go back to Internet Explorer

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set your default programs

JGregH_, Sep 6, 2015
  3. "Send link by email" doesn't open Outlook 2010 after upgrade to 1709

Make sure both IE and Outlook are set as default for everything they handle.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set your default programs.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

System, Default Apps??? I don't even see that option.

'Settings' Default is not= Control Panel 'Default Programs' - All [​IMG]

Ztruker, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Settings' Default is not= Control Panel 'Default Programs' - All - Similar Threads - 'Settings' Default not=

2. Create an association in the default programs control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create an association in the default programs control panel: I have a Win10 build 2004 that has a connection to a 2012R2 Terminal Server RemoteApp Connection. All office applications are ran from the terminal server. The Office suite is 2016 standard. The file associations had been working up to a point point unknown where...
  3. Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program: I have repeatedly tried on many occasions to send photos to friends using the Mail and Calendar app but am stopped with a message 'Create an Association in the Default Programs Control Panel' I have really tried to manage this but have never yet been successful. I would...
  4. "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs: Hi, I have been trying to set the default app for certain file types and having no luck with slightly obscure/unpopular programs. Notepad++ will not appear when I try to set it for .txt files, and MusicBee will not appear for any music file. This happens when trying to...
  5. Setting program as default for all supported file types?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting program as default for all supported file types?: [ATTACH] I'd like to use MPC-HC as the default handler for all of the file types that it supports. Is there a way to do this without going through every extension under it's "Set defaults by app" entry? If I set it as the default for video and audio under "Default apps"...
  6. Setting default programs

Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  7. Can't Set Default Program!

Can't Set Default Program!: What a real pain this is!!!!!Cannot set existing program as default for Photos. Dropdown list doesn't have that program listed yet it is installed on computer. Cannot add .ATN extension and associate a program to open it. So I have to pay to get App??? And the App store...
  8. Setting default programs

Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...
  9. Default Program control panel.?

Default Program control panel.?: I cannot send a document by email. keeps telling there is no email program associated with? I have AOL, mail, etc.. how do I create an association in the Default Program control panel.? I have tried to follow instructions to no avail. Spent many hours on this...
  10. Set default mail program

in Browsers and Email
    Set default mail program: Yeah, I know: Settings/Default or Control Panel/Default. But it won't work with OE Classic. It's installed and working but Windows never heard of it. Perhaps add it to the registry manually? 94526