Windows 10: Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point

Discus and support Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After restoring my computer back two days using System Restore, I noticed in PC Settings>Personalization>Start>Choose which folders appear on Start,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by front360, Aug 31, 2015.

1. front360 Win User

Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point

After restoring my computer back two days using System Restore, I noticed in PC Settings>Personalization>Start>Choose which folders appear on Start, that all the options are greyed out except "Settings". I was wondering if there was a way to fix this? I already tried SFC /Scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, but neither fixed the problem. Thanks in advance.

Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point [​IMG]

:)

front360, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Andrew E. Win User

Other two options grayed out (Installing Windows 10)

A "greyed out" component,or software option,means that the option is available to use,but it

needs installation,or option boxes checked...You could/might edit system restore,disable it,also

the other option,open cmd,type: CLEANMGR select files to clean,locate "other options" click the

box "set restore to last restore point".

Andrew E., Aug 31, 2015
  3. After Creator Update, Power Save is not working, Nightlife feature is greyed out ... etc

I have used the Troubleshooting feature for Power.

THERE are no errors.

They were working before, and after the Creator update, they stopped working.

And I am afraid that if I go back to the restore point, it would not complete and my pristine setup would get compromised.

I'ved search the web, and found many other machines are getting this problem. Power save not working, Nightlight is greyed out, and Control Panel is renamed as Settings. When I click on "Notification" Battery save is greyed out, and Nightlight is greyed
    out.

Bible Answer Man, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

There are a couple options you could try here:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Aug 31, 2015
  5. front360 Win User
    Thanks Borg, I was also thinking of possibly trying an earlier restore point, could that fix it? I was hoping there was a quick and easy registry fix, or something else though. Guess not.

front360, Sep 1, 2015
  6. front360 Win User
    I may try an earlier restore point first, but if that doesn't fix it do you think I should Refresh or In-Place Upgrade first?

front360, Sep 3, 2015
  7. front360 Win User
    Fixed itself when I installed the November update, Threshold 2.

front360, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point - Similar Threads - Settings Greyed Using

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out: Hi folks, a couple of wierd problems... First, pc is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last couple of days which prompted me to run sfc/ scannow. Sfc found some file corruptions and repaired them. This didn't fix the issue however. So, I...
  6. System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out: [ATTACH]If you receive a System Restore is disabled by your system administrator message, this post will help you fix the problem on your Windows 10/8/7 […] This article System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out first appeared on...
  7. Windows Update issue after using a system restore point.

Windows Update issue after using a system restore point.: Hello, I am currently facing an issue in which it is showcasing me to update my Windows 10 but after im restarting my PC , the message still displays to update my Windows. A little bit of flashback ; When I wanted to undo a system recovery point I did one system recovery...
  8. Setting System Restore points

Setting System Restore points: Hello, everyone My PC is now using the Microsoft Chrome Edge and I already had a problem with missing Favourites. They are now restored, thank heavens! I had thought about restoring my PC to an earlier point but, on looking at the System Restore points available, only two...
  9. Restore System using restore point

Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  10. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore option greyed out after 1903 update