Windows 10: Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point

Discus and support Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After restoring my computer back two days using System Restore, I noticed in PC Settings>Personalization>Start>Choose which folders appear on Start,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by front360, Aug 31, 2015.

1. front360 Win User

Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point

After restoring my computer back two days using System Restore, I noticed in PC Settings>Personalization>Start>Choose which folders appear on Start, that all the options are greyed out except "Settings". I was wondering if there was a way to fix this? I already tried SFC /Scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, but neither fixed the problem. Thanks in advance.

Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point [​IMG]

:)

front360, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Andrew E. Win User

Other two options grayed out (Installing Windows 10)

A "greyed out" component,or software option,means that the option is available to use,but it

needs installation,or option boxes checked...You could/might edit system restore,disable it,also

the other option,open cmd,type: CLEANMGR select files to clean,locate "other options" click the

box "set restore to last restore point".

Andrew E., Aug 31, 2015
  3. After Creator Update, Power Save is not working, Nightlife feature is greyed out ... etc

I have used the Troubleshooting feature for Power.

THERE are no errors.

They were working before, and after the Creator update, they stopped working.

And I am afraid that if I go back to the restore point, it would not complete and my pristine setup would get compromised.

I'ved search the web, and found many other machines are getting this problem. Power save not working, Nightlight is greyed out, and Control Panel is renamed as Settings. When I click on "Notification" Battery save is greyed out, and Nightlight is greyed
    out.

Bible Answer Man, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

There are a couple options you could try here:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Aug 31, 2015
  5. front360 Win User
    Thanks Borg, I was also thinking of possibly trying an earlier restore point, could that fix it? I was hoping there was a quick and easy registry fix, or something else though. Guess not.

front360, Sep 1, 2015
  6. front360 Win User
    I may try an earlier restore point first, but if that doesn't fix it do you think I should Refresh or In-Place Upgrade first?

front360, Sep 3, 2015
  7. front360 Win User
    Fixed itself when I installed the November update, Threshold 2.

front360, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point - Similar Threads - Settings Greyed Using

2. Restore System using restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  3. Using Restore Points

Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  4. Using Restore Points

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  5. System restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points: I am unable to turn on system restore in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-restore-points/0ab23fcc-cf9c-4087-a4d7-caf58b59ca04
  6. System Restore Points

System Restore Points: Is it possible to store manually created Restore Points on An external Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-restore-points/325a61e5-2bca-47cf-a7d7-fcd92c528b9b
  7. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  8. System restore points

System restore points: Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence. 56422
  9. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...