Windows 10: settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10

Discus and support settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using Windows Live Mail on Win 10. My Contacts (when I click "Contacts") are set up to show "last name", "First name" which is what I want. But,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jaxuser, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Jaxuser Win User

settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10

I'm using Windows Live Mail on Win 10. My Contacts (when I click "Contacts") are set up to show "last name", "First name" which is what I want. But, when I want to compose a new e-mail and click on the "To" or "Cc" box in the address section of a new e-mail to add a contact, the names are all arranged "First name" "Last name". Any way to get that list also to sort by Last name first?

:)

Jaxuser, Mar 24, 2016
  2. DonKnobbs Win User

Transferring Win Live messages and folders saved on my computer to Win 10 mail

I already have an MSN account. My concern is that all the features in the Win Live Mail Contacts aren't available in Win 10 Mail and Win 10 People. Nicknames didn't transfer. Also, there doesn't seem to be a capability of mass transfer of the folders and
    messages saved in Win Live Mail 'Storage Folders' to Win 10 Mail.

DonKnobbs, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Windows Live receiving and sending emails

After upgrading to Windows 10, Windows Live email has stopped working properly. When retrieving emails from my account it shows:
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E. I have checked all the settings in both Win Live and on the Yahoo accounts but cannot seem to find a resolution. The email program that comes with Win 10 sucks. It is time consuming and inefficient so would prefer
    my Live Mail program.

If there is no resolution, how do you mass delete the deleted emails in the Win 10 mail program. Once in the deleted folder you still have to delete them again individually. I have found no setting where that can be changed.

DennisLook, Mar 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I use WLM 2012.

Did you do it this way ?
    click the Contacts icon at the bottom > at the ribbon, click Sort by > click Last Name.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  5. Jaxuser Win User

Jaxuser, Mar 24, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Please mark your thread as Solved so that others having the same question will know there is an answer here.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10 - Similar Threads - settings Live Mail

2. Window Live Mail program delete, WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Live Mail program delete, WIN 10: I'm trying to do a total delete of Win Live. The problem is when you try to reinstall the program the old email's come back with the reinstall. I've tried doing individual account deleting, this didn't work. Help...
  3. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  4. Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail: How do I import long-term storage files (with lots of really, really important emails I wish to save) from Windows Live 2012 to the new Windows 10 email program? Can't find any how-to help anywhere so far. Thanks! 32418
  5. Win Live Mail Social Networks

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live Mail Social Networks: I am unable to delete contacts from Win Live Mail Social Networks. The delete button is grayed out. JN 22944
  6. Windows Live Mail with Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail with Win 10?: I have been playing around with win 10 for a while now, first in a virtual machine but lately as a dual boot with Win 8.1. Now I am seriously thinking of making Win 10 my main OS. My question - with Win 8.1, I use Windows Live Mail, will this be supported under Win 10? TIA...
  7. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...
  8. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  9. Win 10 install crashed Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 install crashed Live Mail: Downloaded and installed Win 10. Live Mail would not open. Uninstalled Win 10 and reverted back to Win 7 so I could export contacts. All Live Mail files have been corrupted. Can not uninstall, repair, or reinstall Live Mail or Essentials. Trying to get contacts so I can...
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800c013e windows live mail windows 10

2. live mail 0x800c013e win 10

3. windows live mail error id 0x800c013e

4. sent mail with windows live mail win10,
  5. how long are messages saved in microsoft mail