Windows 10: Settings Managed By Organization

Discus and support Settings Managed By Organization in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I have a weird issue. I cannot stop insider builds, change which track I am on, or change feedback settings. Being unable to change feedback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by y0himba, Sep 17, 2015.

1. y0himba Win User

Settings Managed By Organization

Hello.

I have a weird issue. I cannot stop insider builds, change which track I am on, or change feedback settings. Being unable to change feedback settings is preventing me from getting the latest insider builds.

At the top of the relevant pages, it says "Some settings are managed by your organization". The options I need to change are greyed out

I am on my home PC, I am administrator, and I am only a member of a workgroup.

I have tried:

Enabling the hidden administrator account (Still cannot change settings)
    Using GPEDIT (Nothing has been enabled)
    Searching the registry (Relevant keys do not exist)

This is a relatively fresh install, no tweaks or changes made other than the location of the My Documents folder and to enable the dark theme.

Thank you for any help!

Settings Managed By Organization [​IMG]

Settings Managed By Organization [​IMG]

:)

y0himba, Sep 17, 2015

2. some settings are managed by your organization

You need to go the the administrator PC, gpedit. allow the managed service, or have rights to edit the service. Ask your admin.

gpedit>Administrative templates> Windows Components

bfvetscolakid, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Some settings are managed by your organization

I am Using Lumia 640XL. In update it shows "Some settings are managed by your organization".

I did soft and hard reset but the problem is not solved. Any solution for this issue???

Vatsal Bhavsar, Sep 17, 2015
  4. y0himba Win User

I posted in the MS community as well as here, and for the first time ever, they were faster with an answer. It seems that programs like "Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4" are the culprit. I have never run it, but I checked for the registry entry mentioned in the article below, deleted per the article, and boom, back to normal. Hope this helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...6-9094d119ad94

y0himba, Sep 18, 2015
  5. VMD
    vmd Win User
    NOTE: ! ! This is listed in the folders as "WTU4" and NOT spelled out. It is difficult to find or locate. I somehow had it stashed away but located it by chance. I read the instructions for uninstalling and it indicates "simply delete" which I've done but, now my screen is black, when I set the pointer to it it turns white and then vice-versa. This is a strange day, eh?

6. DocDJ Win User
    I have the same problem, but do not have WTU4 installed. I tried the registry tweak in the posted link, but the "DataCollection" key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection does not exist.
    I am using Windows 10 pro on a home network using a workgroup, NOT a domain.

DocDJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings Managed By Organization - Similar Threads - Settings Managed Organization

2. "This setting is managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This setting is managed by your organization".: Hi guys, I'm running windows 11 on my personal computer, and I keep coming up against the following when trying to make changes to settings, "This setting is managed by your organization". Is there any way of stopping this from happening as I don't belong to a computer...
  3. "This setting is managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This setting is managed by your organization".: Hi guys, I'm running windows 11 on my personal computer, and I keep coming up against the following when trying to make changes to settings, "This setting is managed by your organization". Is there any way of stopping this from happening as I don't belong to a computer...
  4. See settings managed by organization

See settings managed by organization: How to see an exhaustive list of all the settings managed by our organization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-settings-managed-by-organization/51339d63-a202-4791-9139-955d73a992c1
  5. Some settings are managed by organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some settings are managed by organization: Hello, I'd like to ask an issue happening on my laptop. I got my laptop from an organization in which I am no longer be part of the organization right now. However, I found one of some windows features that cannot be set by myself. For example, this virus protection. Please...
  6. Some settings are managed by organization

Some settings are managed by organization: Hello, I'd like to ask an issue happening on my laptop. I got my laptop from an organization in which I am no longer be part of the organization right now. However, I found one of some windows features that cannot be set by myself. For example, this virus protection. Please...
  7. Some settings are managed by organization

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Some settings are managed by an organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some settings are managed by an organization: Hello I downloaded the upgrade windows 10 pro for workstation and ever since I've had it say some settings are hidden or managed by an organization and it's got my location locked and set for India and I'm in canada. I've read online its glitch in your download I've tried...
  9. "This Setting is managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This Setting is managed by your organization": Split from this thread. -[ATTACH]I only have this problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-organization/4ad69f50-9ab5-4d6d-99d4-e473082034ab
  10. Settings managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings managed by your organization: Every time I sign in with my account on any PC it says some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. But its my personal account. What to do with this error?...