Windows 10: Settings Menu Modified

Discus and support Settings Menu Modified in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was working with a computer in our small club and noticed that the Settings menu had been changed from displaying the normal category icons to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnpd, Apr 13, 2017.

1. johnpd Win User

Settings Menu Modified

I was working with a computer in our small club and noticed that the Settings menu had been changed from displaying the normal category icons to listing the categories similar to changing the File Explorer view from icons to details. I could not find anyway to revert this. Is anyone aware of a way this can be reset?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Apr 13, 2017

2. chaning tutorial key

Go to Menu->Tools->Settings->Phone->StandBy mode and modify the settings there. That should do the job.

nonews---01, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Pin to start - NOT WORKING.

In my case It was caused because I modified the windows directives for Windows Update, It is not related with Start Menu but It affect it, It is necesary to restore default settings to can edit Start Menu again.

Jorge A.Hernández, Apr 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Settings Menu Modified

Hi, perhaps a screenshot might help? (Use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post). Thanks.
    And which build are you using- the Creator's upgrade or 1607 (anniversary?)
    Windows key + X, winver.

Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2017
  5. johnpd Win User
    It is still the Anniversary Update. I will try to get a screenshot tomorrow.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 13, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    If you shrink the window to a certain point, the icons will go to 'list view'.
    Try maximizing the window.

Settings Menu Modified [​IMG]

Settings Menu Modified [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 13, 2017
  7. johnpd Win User
    Thanks, I will give it a try.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 13, 2017
  8. johnpd Win User

Settings Menu Modified

Thanks again. Worked like a champ.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Settings Menu Modified

1. Settings Menu Modified - Similar Threads - Settings Menu Modified

2. How do I modify the context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I modify the context menu: Greetings,How do I modify the right click context menu?There are so many options it is cluttered.I have tried various solutions, but none seem to work.edit right click menu windows 11 - Google SearchThanks,WV-Mike...
  3. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  4. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  5. Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?: In File Explorer there is a 'Copy to" menu, which seems to be comprised mostly of the directories I have pinned to quick access. Is there any way to add or remove folders from this menu? -Thanks...
  6. modify a poaming profile settings

modify a poaming profile settings: we have changed printers and the classrooms use roaming profiles. I need to know what the procedure is to change the printer in the profiles so I can make one change to the profile so the whole classroom gets the correct printer....
  7. Modify context menu

Modify context menu: How can I add a program to a right click context menu for a jpg file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-context-menu/7da6e396-9ff5-4f18-a630-cf58e054c122"
  8. Modify Context Menu Item Title

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Context Menu Item Title: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...
  9. Modify Title of Context Menu Item

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...
  10. way to modify the Start Menu programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    way to modify the Start Menu programs?: in Win7 & Win 8.1.1 (with Start8) I can do Start|All Programs|right-click and select "open all users." Then i can create groups of apps. I like to create UTILS groups that has lots of things, some i rarely use & might not recall the name of, a MULTIMEDIA that has a few apps...