Windows 10: Settings menu slow to load

Discus and support Settings menu slow to load in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new i7 Surface Laptop and imaged it with MDT at work using our Enterprise version of the Anniversary Update. The first thing I did was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swindmiler, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Settings menu slow to load

I just got a new i7 Surface Laptop and imaged it with MDT at work using our Enterprise version of the Anniversary Update. The first thing I did was to run all the updates which upgraded me to the Creators update. I now notice, not sure when it started, that the Settings app takes an unusual amount of time to load up. It sits at the blue screen with the gear on it for a solid 25 seconds. I mainly notice it when I goto Personalize (right-click the desktop and choose Personalize). When it opens if I close it and try to open it again it opens up fine. If I wait a bit it delays again. I have noticed some of the other "Settings" pages doing the same thing. Other than that, everything seems to run fine. I have already re-imaged it again trying to find out when it started. I already had the Creators update on it at work and tested the problem and the page loaded right up. I brought it home tonight and started downloading my OneDrive files and checking for more update and just noticed it doing it again. At this moment I do have an update that is stuck at 2% downloading and has been that way for a while. Could that cause the Settings to run slow, everything else seems fine.

Curious if anyone else had this issue. Googling didn't seem to give me this exact problem.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give,
    Scott

:)

swindmiler, Aug 31, 2017

2. E51 slow menu load

Ok, so the problem looks like this:

After i press the Menu button (classic one or the shortcut key), i have to wait 1-3 seconds before it appears and another 2-4 seconds before i can click on an item (Messaging/Logs/etc). Even after i receive a text message (sms), it takes 2-3 seconds before
    it will be displayed. Why this ? Had plenty of non-symbian phones and all behaved outstanding regarding phone-key-reaction (didnt had to wait this much). It`s a pain in the bottom if you want to add/edit things quickly (alarms, new contacts/sms/etc). I have
    to keep what i need running in Task Manager so i can access them faster. And this drains the battery life.

So... why this slow menu load ?

tree_hugger, Aug 31, 2017
  3. ysfgold Win User
    E51 slow menu load

I had this problem - it reached the point where it took 8 seconds to open up messaging.

I worked out that if I have more than 400 sms (text messages) in inbox then the whole phone slows.

I erased the inbox and it is flying!

ysfgold, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

Settings menu slow to load

1. Settings menu slow to load - Similar Threads - Settings menu slow

2. Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends: Here are my system specs:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\The menu I talk about is the menu in your taskbar, which allows you to search and pin...
  3. Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends: Here are my system specs:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\The menu I talk about is the menu in your taskbar, which allows you to search and pin...
  4. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  5. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  6. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Slow Loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Loading: Some of the programs on my ssd have been loading slowly for a while now. I don't know when it started, but I think it has gotten a little slower recently. For example, when I click on chrome, nothing happens for about 5-7 seconds. Then when the program opens, it is blank for...
  8. slow loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow loading: Lately pages are loading extremely slow. I've emptied temp files, etc. but nothing works. Will resetting my computer help? It says I can choose what to keep. Will resetting get rid of my pictures and/or documents?...
  9. Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load: This problem has only started in the past week. Prior to this, the start menu was fine as normal. Now, there is a 2 second delay between my clicking on it and it opening up. Possibly related, previously logging in was a near-instantaneous process (I have a solid state drive...
  10. "Open With" context Menu slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" context Menu slow to load: Hi all, so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the...