Windows 10: Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot

Discus and support Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed an entry in the Mobile Hotspot section in Settings. There is an entry in Mobile Hotspot section that has me perplexed. Under "Share My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by misla, Aug 22, 2018.

1. misla Win User

Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot

I noticed an entry in the Mobile Hotspot section in Settings.

There is an entry in Mobile Hotspot section that has me perplexed. Under "Share My Internet Connection From" there are two entries that are filled in:

Network Name:

Network Password:

Both of these have been filled in, but not by me.

I tried to find information on the Internet and came up with a solution, somewhat, which was to go into Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Change Adapter Settings. Then, right-click Wi-Fi; then click on Properties. Click the "Sharing" tab and uncheck the "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection." However, I found that this area was grayed out and was unable to do it.

Why is a network name/password in this section of Mobile Hotspot? I did not create this information. Also, the name and password is grayed out and cannot be changed anyway.

Need a solution and appreciate your answer.

Thank you very much.

:)

misla, Aug 22, 2018

2. Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Cannot find Mobile hotspot option under Network & Internet.

Hello dear,

Please, looking to this setting:

Use your PC as a mobile hotspot

Applies to Windows 10

If your PC has a cellular data connection, you can turn it into a mobile hotspot to share your connection with other devices. This uses data from your data plan.

• Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.

• To connect on the other device, go to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, find your network name, select it, enter the password, and then connect.

In step 1 cannot find Mobile hotspot option when apply above procedure. So I update my system from win 7 pro to win 10 pro.

Thank you,

Ali Rasool

Original title: ----wi-fi hotspot---

Ali R. Mahdi, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Asif37 Win User

NO MOBILE HOTSPOT IN NETWORK SETTING

Hello,

I have windows 10 on my del I5. I did not found mobile hotspot in network setting. Whenever i asked about the mobile hotspot, you people suggest, how to run the hotspot rather than to suggest why it does not appear.

I have also follow the windows update check facility option, but problem still same;

Kindly suggest me regared about cited subject.

Asif37, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot - Similar Threads - Settings Network Internet

2. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  3. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  5. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  6. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  8. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  9. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  10. Mobile hotspot cutting internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot cutting internet: HI there : i do have big problem withe the Mobile hotspot when i active work like 15 minute after i get cutting internet ( Yellow triangle ) i do format ( windows 10 home single language 64-bit ) and delete the driver of Mobile hotspot even hide driver i delete and i use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settingnetworkandinternetmobilehotspot

2. network and internet settings mobile hotspot