Windows 10: SETTINGS pops up on its own

Discus and support SETTINGS pops up on its own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; SETTINGS pops up on its own with 14971 for no apparent reason. Annoying! 70113 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnwerneken, Nov 17, 2016.

1. SETTINGS pops up on its own

SETTINGS pops up on its own with 14971 for no apparent reason. Annoying!

:)

johnwerneken, Nov 17, 2016

2. cmd.exe pops up on its own

sorry ... thanks sis , happy Holidays to you too.thankyou.

HaricharanYadav, Nov 17, 2016
  3. cmd.exe pops up on its own

i think i downloaded something when i was trying to remove .rar file password. but i removed those files .

HaricharanYadav, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

SETTINGS pops up on its own

As I have said several times in various threads, a Windows Insider should always check the release notes before build upgrade and only then decide if to upgrade or skip the new build. For instance this minor bug was clearly told, as was a fix for it.

This extraxt from thread Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC - Windows 10 Forums (highlighted part applies to Settings app, too):

The same at Microsoft: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC | Windows Experience Blog

5. yea, had the idea, just reporting experience.

johnwerneken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SETTINGS pops up on its own

1. SETTINGS pops up on its own - Similar Threads - SETTINGS pops own

2. Background Settings page opening by its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Settings page opening by its own: Settings>Personalization>Background in Windows 11 is opening automatically. It opens on its own and after closing it, opens again in several minutes. Please help me resolve it....
  3. [Help] This chrome window popped up on its own, what should i do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] This chrome window popped up on its own, what should i do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xzeriscape [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/js02br/help_this_chrome_window_popped_up_on_its_own_what/
  4. windows settings closing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings closing on its own: when i open my settings and click on a category the settings app just closes on itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-closing-on-its-own/f7e242d2-72be-4c4e-90bc-197bd7917709
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10 v. 1909 build 18363.657. The start menu keeps popping up on it's own which is extremely annoying and disruptive to my work! I've gone through every recommendation that Microsoft has listed on the forum as potential fixes going...
  6. Windows scrolls up on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows scrolls up on its own: Hi, guys, I wonder if you can help me out here, it's an annoying bug that's been chewing at me ever since I moved from 7 to 10. Whenever I'm in a folder filled with documents, be it images, videos, word files, etc, windows has the annoying habit of randomly scrolling to the...
  7. Windows Hello Popped Up on Its Own after an Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Popped Up on Its Own after an Update: Hi there. I was surfing the net when I received an alert to update my computer. I did the update, but then something called Windows Hello (which I had never heard of) had popped up, and the computer was refusing my password. When I tried to reset my password, I got a request...
  8. Windows Tips gets popping up on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Tips gets popping up on its own: Windows tips get popping up on its own and it has become very annoying. f1 key isn't stuck. I used Kaspersky and Malwarebytes to scan for any adware but didn't find one. I disabled all the notifications in the control panel and that too didn't work. The popping up becomes...
  9. Windows tips is popping up on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows tips is popping up on its own: Hi Guys, Windows tips gets popping up on its own and it has become very annoying. f1 key isn't stuck.I used kaspersky and malwarebytes to scan for any adware but didn't find one. I disabled all the notifications in the control panel and that too didn't work. The popping up...
  10. Keyboard language setting changes on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard language setting changes on its own: I live in the UK, my language/region option is set correctly and I have a UK-format keyboard. US English keyboard format is not even an option set in the region and language settings. Why does Windows 10 keep adding the US English keyboard option and switching me to it? I...