Windows 10: settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

Discus and support settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10user999, Jun 6, 2018.

1. win10user999 Win User

settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in

when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else)

im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely

this is extremely bad UI/UX/HCI in win10

you would most likely think that the apps under ''allow apps to access mic' are what is going to be disabled

it took me forever to find out what was causing the random mic problem

want to know the technical reasons for what win10 is doing exactly ?

in the past i think there's been 2 or so mic problem, tho they were easily solved (all of which were caused by win10). i had tried asking on the web, but not a single person on the web knew how to do basic troubleshooting of the mic problems tho

:)

win10user999, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Mansour Hussain Win User

Mic. Stopped working after update Windows 1803 on 1st May. 2018.

Hi ,

I managed to fix it,

• Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    • Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    • Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to on

Mansour Hussain, Jun 8, 2018
  3. SonGoku'sSon Win User
    Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' - Similar Threads - settings privacy microphone

2. Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open: For about a month now my mic has been not working, i presume it to be the pc because it stopped working after the pc crashed one day. I've looked up a multitude of fixes, but the only one that could be my answer is using privacy settings, but every time I open the microphone...
  3. Settings>Privacy>Notifications the option "choose which apps can access your notifications"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings>Privacy>Notifications the option "choose which apps can access your notifications"...: Windows 10 after installing Autumn update. Settings>Privacy>Notifications the option "choose which apps can access your notifications" is blank. As I can't get any notifications despite showing that I do have some could this be the reason?...
  4. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...
  5. Allow an app through Controled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow an app through Controled folder access: Hello I am not sure what this image attached to this question is asking I.e I have no idea what app is being referr[ATTACH]ed to! I am not even sure what the 'Control folder' refers to! I was going to look it up like usual before posting but I have many things open...
  6. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings: Hello. When I try to change my privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox website and press submit it says a problem occurred and it tells me to try again later. I've tried it many times. My account is a parent account. I'm trying to change this so I can play Xbox games...
  7. what settings to allow an app access to my webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what settings to allow an app access to my webcam: what settings to allow an app access to my webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/what-settings-to-allow-an-app-access-to-my-webcam/c7572cef-9716-4558-9ace-12071a0fd0be
  8. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...
  9. Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't

Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't: I have sennheiser mm30i earphones, and they have a built in microphone. Whenever I plug them in, everything is fine and the sound is good, but when I try to speak in games, Skype, etc, then the microphone isn't working. I have Realtek HD Audio Drivers installed. I tried...
  10. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129