Windows 10: settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

Discus and support settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10user999, Jun 6, 2018.

1. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in

settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else)

im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely

this is extremely bad UI/UX/HCI in win10

you would most likely think that the apps under ''allow apps to access mic' are what is going to be disabled

it took me forever to find out what was causing the random mic problem

want to know the technical reasons for what win10 is doing exactly ?

in the past i think there's been 2 or so mic problem, tho they were easily solved (all of which were caused by win10). i had tried asking on the web, but not a single person on the web knew how to do basic troubleshooting of the mic problems tho

:)

win10user999, Jun 6, 2018

2. Mic. Stopped working after update Windows 1803 on 1st May. 2018.

Hi ,

I managed to fix it,

• Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    • Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    • Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to on

Mansour Hussain, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

1. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' - Similar Threads - settings privacy microphone

2. Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...: I have exactly the same problem as Matger, who wrote on 22 Feb 2022. “I'm trying to record a video using the webcam of my laptop with the windows camera app. I get the message that I should change my privacy settings for the camera app to be able to use microphone while...
  3. Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...: I have exactly the same problem as Matger, who wrote on 22 Feb 2022. “I'm trying to record a video using the webcam of my laptop with the windows camera app. I get the message that I should change my privacy settings for the camera app to be able to use microphone while...
  4. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  5. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  6. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  8. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

"Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings: Hi under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there. I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything...
  9. "microphone privacy settings"

"microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  10. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting privacy microphone

2. privacy microphone

3. settings privacy microphone apps

4. Windows Key I > Privacy > Microphone,
  5. allow apps to access to your microphone,
  6. Open privacy microphone,
  7. privacy allow desktop apps to access your microphone setting windows host process rundll32,
  8. Settings> Privacy Settings> Microphone. Turn On Allow apps to access your microphone,
  9. private setting microphone,
  10. settings privacy microphone,
  11. how to access app in mic privacy setting,
  12. allow apps to access my microphone,
  13. settings/private settings/microphone,
  14. allow the microphone in apps,
  15. windows key i privacy microphone