settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

Discus and support settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10user999, Jun 6, 2018.

1. win10user999 Win User

in

when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else)

im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely

this is extremely bad UI/UX/HCI in win10

you would most likely think that the apps under ''allow apps to access mic' are what is going to be disabled

it took me forever to find out what was causing the random mic problem

want to know the technical reasons for what win10 is doing exactly ?

in the past i think there's been 2 or so mic problem, tho they were easily solved (all of which were caused by win10). i had tried asking on the web, but not a single person on the web knew how to do basic troubleshooting of the mic problems tho

:)

win10user999, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Mansour Hussain Win User

Mic. Stopped working after update Windows 1803 on 1st May. 2018.

Hi ,

I managed to fix it,

• Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    • Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    • Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to on

Mansour Hussain, Jun 8, 2018
  3. SonGoku'sSon Win User
    Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' - Similar Threads - settings privacy microphone

2. How to set a service to a specific logon account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to set a service to a specific logon account?: Microsoft update service starts automatically. So I wanna set the service to a specific account. Windows version: 1709, build: 16299.547....
  3. Links within display settings not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links within display settings not working: [ATTACH] The links in the above are not working. I wish to access the 27" monitor settings as despite having the right drivers, and the right cables, it will not display anything above 1920*1080....
  4. How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?: The shortcut to change virtual desktop in Windows 10 is: Ctrl + Win + ←/→ i want to bind this to my mouse side key , how to do this? my mouse is DeathAdder2013...
  5. Microphone delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone delay: i recently got a Wireless USB Logitech G533 and the playback is about half a second late when i have the listen to this device checked in the microphone properties. But, when i am just sitting in Sound properties looking at my recording devices there is no delay. Does anyone...
  6. cannot download apps from store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot download apps from store: hello I cannot download most of the apps it used to say "you need a device with more features" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-download-apps-from-store/31cdf977-5bf7-413c-aa18-acbe5d269777
  7. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...
  8. Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.: My microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. I can fix this problem by turning my microphone levels all the way up. But then my microphone sounds distorted. Anyway to fix this without making my mic sound distorted? My microphone is an Excelvan BM-800 being plugged into an...
  9. Display settings

Display settings: My monitor is black & white how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-settings/b8008af4-2c01-4957-a65c-fdbec80b38a6
  10. No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices: Since the recent update I can no longer see folders/files on external drives from other devices on my homegroup. Specifically, I have two external drives containing movie/video files which I can no longer access. I can access files on my hard drive. Any suggestions?...