settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

Discus and support settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10user999, Jun 6, 2018.

1. win10user999 Win User

in

when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else)

im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely

this is extremely bad UI/UX/HCI in win10

you would most likely think that the apps under ''allow apps to access mic' are what is going to be disabled

it took me forever to find out what was causing the random mic problem

want to know the technical reasons for what win10 is doing exactly ?

in the past i think there's been 2 or so mic problem, tho they were easily solved (all of which were caused by win10). i had tried asking on the web, but not a single person on the web knew how to do basic troubleshooting of the mic problems tho

:)

win10user999, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Mansour Hussain Win User

Mic. Stopped working after update Windows 1803 on 1st May. 2018.

Hi ,

I managed to fix it,

• Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    • Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    • Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to on

Mansour Hussain, Jun 8, 2018
  3. SonGoku'sSon Win User
    Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' - Similar Threads - settings privacy microphone

1. Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.: In Windows 1803, there are some new privacy settings, Documents, Pictures, Video and File System. These all now have a global setting for access to said locations via apps under a heading of allow blah blah on this device. Directly under said setting there's a global...
  2. How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update: I've been getting the Notification for Privacy Settings for Creators Update for a while now in the Action Center on one of my PCs. And I've been clicking on "Remind Me Later" for a while now. Today I wanted to get that PC updated to CU, but the notification is no longer in...
  3. Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all Privacy settings to Default?: How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS? For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to its original? Is there any way to accomplish this without going into Troubleshooting section and Resetting the whole entire...
  4. Privacy settings in registry do not match GUI settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy settings in registry do not match GUI settings: Found this with WIn10 v1709 and recently with v1803. The privacy settings in the registry stay "allow" when all have been turned off in Settings. HKCU\Software\MIcrosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\: DeviceAccess\Global\D89823BA-7180..., Key = Value, ValueData = Allow (let...
  5. problem with feedback frequency setting in windows 10's privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with feedback frequency setting in windows 10's privacy: Hi was wondering if anyone else is having this problem, i got a small update for windows 10 today and now in the feedback and diagnostics section, the feedback frequency drop down bar every time i select never it defaults back to Automatic ? its really getting me *Mad. 98111
  6. Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?: Is it safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings after you've installed the Windows 10 Creators Update? I've just upgraded to the Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows 10 1607, using the Windows Update Assistant. I got fed up waiting for the CU to come via...
  7. New privacy screen settings layout coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    New privacy screen settings layout coming to Windows 10: Today, our Windows Insiders (starting in Windows 10 build 17115) will get the first look at the new privacy set up experience coming to Windows 10 this spring, and we’re excited to hear what they think. Windows Insiders are among the first people to experience the new ideas...
settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' solved