Windows 10: settings synchronization not working ?!?!

Discus and support settings synchronization not working ?!?! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; here it is what i did. - updated to w10 - configurated my account (theme, start, apps, etc...). the account is a microsoft account, it has been... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pietro, Aug 5, 2015.

1. pietro Win User

settings synchronization not working ?!?!

here it is what i did.

- updated to w10
    - configurated my account (theme, start, apps, etc...). the account is a microsoft account, it has been validated too.
    - reinstalled w10 from usb, fresh install
    - recreated the account
    - logged with the same microsoft account, validated again.

now... settings, theme and apps hasn't been downloaded/updated. checking in ondrive i discovered the account isn't saving data (no folders, no devices backups).
    why?! bug?! there's a method to force saving the data?!
    thanks

:)

pietro, Aug 5, 2015

2. Sound reminder is absent, Nokia Lumia 800

You mean the account synchronization settings? That was my case, too. I set to synchronize in 30 minutes and the reminder got back to work.

Rodrigo Adel, Aug 5, 2015
  3. reinob Win User
    Can't exit nokia messaging

How did you set up the synchronization settings?

If you have "Synchronize new updates" ON it will always keep the connection open (so that "push" will work).

If you have "Timed synchronization" ON it will connect whenever it needs to according to your schedule settings.

If both are OFF then it should only connect manually when you request it..

reinob, Aug 5, 2015
  4. dragonash Win User

I am having the same exact issue with both computers.
    The odd thing is, it keeps updating my wallpaper to an old one, but I have no devices listed in my onedrive device manager

Both computers are listed as trusted devices, but neither are showing as being backed up.
    Sync is turned on for both as well.

It's really annoying to have to change my wallpaper every time, but if this keeps up, I will just kill my outlook account and start again. I only made it for Windows 10 anyway

dragonash, Aug 5, 2015
  5. pietro Win User
    logged on OneDrive web. deleted all attached pcs. redone all the steps, still not working. to me its bugged...

pietro, Aug 6, 2015
  6. pietro Win User
    did you use the Microsoft account with 8.1 too?! i just noticed that if i signin with my Microsoft account, previously use on w8.1 too, w10 downloads an app for my printer... i did not install it on w10 before... so could be a bug related to this

pietro, Aug 6, 2015
  7. pietro Win User
    fresh install with newer iso... still not working

pietro, Nov 22, 2015
  8. settings synchronization not working ?!?!

paulsalter, Nov 22, 2015
  9. pietro Win User
    thanks, i missed about deprecated sync options...anyway, settings and theme don't sync... so, to me, the sync features is completely useless with no apps syncing. app reinstall can take time...

pietro, Nov 22, 2015
  10. I agree
    It only seems to be the data between apps that now sync

I have a couple of devices that I now have to set up separately, with 8 it all synced between them *Sad
    plus with a clean install you are left with the default look/feel

These options should have remained, IMO, so people could sync it all if they wanted

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. settings synchronization not working ?!?! - Similar Threads - settings synchronization working

2. “SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings: “SettingSyncHost.exe”Thanks for searching your question on the Microsoft community.According to the description of the problem, I understand that you are willing to know what “SettingSyncHost.exe” do.“SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings...
  3. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host Process for Setting Synchronization: I noticed this morning for the first time that Host Process for Setting Synchronization is running. It's at the top of Disk and CPU in Task Manager and has been for a couple of hours. Here's the thing - I don't have any other devices; it's just me and my desktop. So why is...
  4. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process for Setting Synchronization: I noticed this morning for the first time that Host Process for Setting Synchronization is running. It's at the top of Disk and CPU in Task Manager and has been for a couple of hours. Here's the thing - I don't have any other devices; it's just me and my desktop. So why is...
  5. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. synchronization

synchronization: When a customers logs into Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account, what all items are synchronized against their account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synchronization/a9f6c082-8a59-4ec1-978c-ae527bbbbd32
  7. Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running?

Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running?: Hello, this process is running all the time in task manager. I don't use onedrive, or any email client. Also i have disabled synchronization in privacy settings and in gpedit. Yet when i login, i notice in task manager some process, i think "microsoft sync". Than it quickly...
  8. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...
  9. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...
  10. Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working: Hey Everyone Im a network (ssh) dude *Smile with a, what I feel a stupid problem I dont understand. I have 2-3 machines running Windows 10 Enterprise and I love the synchronization of Windows settings (wallpaper and so on). Some weeks ago this all stopped. No matter...