Windows 10: Settings/ system/ about freezes task bar after update

Discus and support Settings/ system/ about freezes task bar after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 3 installed numerous updates 3/30/16 and I have a problem viewing about system using taskbar method. When I click on about it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jds54, Mar 30, 2016.

1. jds54 Win User

Settings/ system/ about freezes task bar after update

My Surface Pro 3 installed numerous updates 3/30/16 and I have a problem viewing about system using taskbar method.
    When I click on about it won't open and causes some icons in taskbar not to function. It only happens when I try to view about computer. All other info work in settings and computer runs fine until I hit "about". I need to restart computer and everything works great until I look at about again only.
    An update KB3140741 was installed with updates and I heard that this is causing some issues. It can't be uninstalled from control panel.
    Any one else having this issue or recommendations?

:)

jds54, Mar 30, 2016

2. When I play any video game in fullscreen mode, game freezes.

Original title: Task Manager

After I upgraded to Win10 I have had a particular problem with Task Manager. When I play any video game in fullscreen mode, and the game suddenly freezes, the only way to close the game is through task manager. Well as always I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to launch
    it, and my task bar shows up to indicate that task manager is now open. However, it does not appear on screen. At this point I click on the image in the task bar to open Task Manager, and it blinks on screen for about a fraction of a second and disappears
    again. It seems that no longer in Windows 10 Task Manager is prioritized to show up on screen above everything else. Now I only wonder if there is a setting I can change to fix this problem, or whether this is a "feature" of the new Operating System.

EkkeHyvonen, Mar 30, 2016
  3. simrolfey Win User
    windows 10 after update task bar freezes

windows 10 since update my task bar keeps freezing on start up, once i restart it all works fine, i have had the help desk trouble shoot this 6 times with no improvements, i have several other pc on windows 10 that dosnt have this problem, i dont what
    else to try i have done all the trouble shooting i have read about as well as the help desk, i would really like some answers or solutions that work

simrolfey, Mar 30, 2016
  4. jds54 Win User

If I click file icon on taskbar the About info will pop up. Then I'll exit out and everything is fine. If I don't do that start menu settings is frozen.
    Weird bug. Somehow about is tied into files location to initiate.
    Not a major issue but some update caused this and wonder which one. Which we could decide what updates to install instead of being forced updates upon us that may cause problems with no way to uninstall.

jds54, Mar 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Settings/ system/ about freezes task bar after update - Similar Threads - Settings system freezes

2. Task Bar Collapse Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Collapse Setting: Just adding another voice to the problem. I am not finding how to set the task bar to never collapse. It was a feature I used on all of my computers at work and at home. Please let me know how to get this function turned off....
  3. Task Bar Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  4. Task Bar Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  5. Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...: Hello ,my Task manager is not responding every time I try to open it, along with it any other programs are not working properly such as settings , personalization and many others it shows ms-settings not found.My laptop is also taking an unusual time while starting on. It is...
  6. Task bar getting wider after system crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar getting wider after system crash: I like positioning my task bar to the left side, and while doing that, the task bar often gets wider for no reason multiple times if I leave it alone. The recent one happened after a system crash hypervisor_error due to me using insider version of WSL2 My last desktop and...
  7. Task Bar issues after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Bar issues after update: Hi After the May 2020 update 2004, right-click is not working on icons on the taskbar, also left-click is not working on volume/network/battery and action center icons. I have tried disabling all context menu extensions and was hoping that a recent update might fix the...
  8. Task bar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar settings: how do I turn on seconds in my taskbar time display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-settings/4e9a2842-9374-409a-8311-a0de878f3728
  9. task bar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar settings: I would like to know if there's a way to hide my taskbar completely? Currently I have the taskbar hidden, it reveals itself when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. However more often than not I do this accidentally while trying to do something near the bottom of the...
  10. Task bar freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar freezing: At times my task bar stops responding and so do the minimize window, alter window size, and close window commands. If I use ctrl-alt-delete to open the task manager the problem goes away for a few minutes but it always returns. I've run multiple anti-virus scanners and found...