Windows 10: Settings won't open in Windows 10

Discus and support Settings won't open in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Start, Settings does nothing. Settings does not open. Otherwise Windows 10/Edge is great. 10963 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rajn1, Jul 31, 2015.

1. rajn1 Win User

Settings won't open in Windows 10

Start, Settings does nothing. Settings does not open. Otherwise Windows 10/Edge is great.

:)

rajn1, Jul 31, 2015

2. Many programs not opening or taking a really long time, after update

After a recent Windows 10 update Chrome takes 10 minutes to open, the windows search bar doesn't work, the control panel won't open, the task manager won't open, settings won't open. No viruses found with AVG. Can't open command function.

Keith David Johnson, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Sonja---- Win User
    my windows 10 settings won"t open how do i get it to work?

Tried to open settings on windows 10, won't open. Tried restart, no difference. Is there an update?

Sonja----, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Settings won't open in Windows 10

JDobbsy1987, Jul 31, 2015
  5. rajn1 Win User
    rajn1, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Was that the link i posted?

The link in your post (Page Not Found)

JDobbsy1987, Jul 31, 2015
  7. jqcookies Win User
    Though this is an old thread, I recently encountered this problem as this is the top Google search result after Microsoft's own (which as far as I saw did not contain the solution I used).

I tried updating my OS, creating a new administrator account, rebooting and resetting my PC as suggested on various other threads (took me two days after work) to find the solution that worked by scanning for harmful threats on your computer and removing them.

• On the Windows Defender software do a full scan (this will take quite a while but definitely worth it).
    • View details of the scan and remove the threats as advised.
    • Update and restart your computer.
    • Settings should now be able to open as expected to work.

jqcookies, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Settings won't open in Windows 10

1. Settings won't open in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Settings won't open

2. Windows 10 System Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System Settings won't open: I have tried using the Windows logo key +I, I tried the Settings icon on the Start Menu, the Display Settings from the Desktop right-click menu; the Task Bar Settings right-click menu, and every time, the Settings window appears for 1-2 seconds and closes. Restarting the PC...
  3. Windows 10 System Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 System Settings won't open: I have tried using the Windows logo key +I, I tried the Settings icon on the Start Menu, the Display Settings from the Desktop right-click menu; the Task Bar Settings right-click menu, and every time, the Settings window appears for 1-2 seconds and closes. Restarting the PC...
  4. Windows settings won't open

Windows settings won't open: Hi, I tried to open the settings app on windows 10 today and it refuses to open, I have restarted Pc and also tried command prompts but nothing has fixed it, it just pops up and then closes immediately, I can't access updates, display settings or anything....
  5. Why won't Windows 10 Settings Open?

Why won't Windows 10 Settings Open?: Hey there, I recently received a new Windows 10 laptop. When I got it, settings worked perfectly fine. The other day, I was using this laptop and I tried to open settings. However, it would simply quickly flash a window with a settings icon and it wouldn't open anything. The...
  6. Why won't Windows 10 Settings Open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Windows 10 Settings Open?: Hey there, I recently received a new Windows 10 laptop. When I got it, settings worked perfectly fine. The other day, I was using this laptop and I tried to open settings. However, it would simply quickly flash a window with a settings icon and it wouldn't open anything. The...
  7. Settings won't open in windows 10

Settings won't open in windows 10: From the last few days, the system setting won't open. And from last night even WhatsApp application doesn't even open. When I double click setting and whatsapp, it doesn't make any changes it remains the same as before double click. Please provide a solution for this, it...
  8. Windows 10 settings won't open.

Windows 10 settings won't open.: I ran the scannow in the command center, it found a corrupt file and I restarted my laptop. Still will not open settings control panel. I'm needing this fixed ASAP....
  9. My Settings won't open on windows 10

My Settings won't open on windows 10: I have a few issues with my MSI GL63 8RC laptop and I'm wanting to factory reset it to try and fix these problems, but it won't let me. It shows it open but then closes it after a few seconds....
  10. Windows Won't open Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't open Settings: I'm on windows 1803 at the moment, mostly because my machine won't open up settings in the windows menu to check for updates. I've tried using the Run command and then typing "ms-settings" into the box, but I get a popup saying that Windows cannot find "ms-settings." Any...