Windows 10: Settings wont open, store wont update, reset PC doesn't open either

Discus and support Settings wont open, store wont update, reset PC doesn't open either in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Windows version is 10.0.15063 build 15063 Since the creators update I noticed that I cannot update any of the apps in the microsoft store.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maxatv, May 7, 2017.

1. maxatv Win User

Settings wont open, store wont update, reset PC doesn't open either

Hello,

Windows version is 10.0.15063 build 15063

Since the creators update I noticed that I cannot update any of the apps in the microsoft store. I noticed this finally when an app i actually use wouldn't open, and say that calculator and many others also all had errors and couldn't update or run. I then tried some troubleshooting steps which included

wsreset, reimage repair, sfc /scan now (no errors) and some powershell cleanings of the store. None of these worked. I decided to just rollback to before the creators update but noticed that settings and anything contained within, including windows update, add or remove programs and restore settings will not open either. I tried signing out and signing back into my microsoft account but no joy with that either. I've tried every solution i've come across online so far and no joy. Really thought this would fix it, as this is my exact issue: Windows 10 settings wont open ? [Solved] - Driver Easy but no luck, the tool says issue not found. Please, if anyone can save me from a fresh install that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

maxatv, May 7, 2017

2. Settings and store wont open, and pc wont reset

Hi Camisado,

Thank you for replying and apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

As you gave stated that you have tried performing Reset with keeping the data (Refresh), Do confirm with the status of this issue whether performing refresh has resolved your issue or not.

We would be happy to know if the issue is resolved.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2017
  3. Settings and store wont open, and pc wont reset

Hi Camisado,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to perform reset on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6. Close the CMD window.

Check to see if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: I suggest you to create a test user account on your computer and check if the issue persists on that account.

This will let us know if your current user account is corrupted.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.

• Select User Accounts, click on
      Manage another account

• Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you want to try to 'Restore previous version' (roll back to 1607) you could try via
    SHIFT + left click Restart
    and navigate through the options.

Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

As you can see from other threads, others have experienced seemingly intractable problems (e.g. vanishing icons, text...), and ended up doing a clean install.

Note: we strongly recommend the routine use of disk imaging (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot disk + external storage for images.
    That gives you a relatively quick way to restore your PC to a previously working state without technical help - even if you replace your disk.

If you had used that, and update your image before upgrading, you would have had another option.

The disk image also acts as a full backup.

dalchina, May 7, 2017
  5. maxatv Win User
    I rolled back through the method you suggested, well clean installed but kept files, amazed how well that worked, thank you very much for your suggestion!

maxatv, May 10, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great- some are not so lucky! So now's the time to create your first disk image, if all is well...

And for now you can try Winaero's tweaker (free, full explanations) and set updates to notify only -and, if you have Win 10 Pro, set Defer feature updates in Settings. That's how I have it presently.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings wont open, store wont update, reset PC doesn't open either - Similar Threads - Settings wont open

2. Store wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store wont open: My store will open load for a bit then shut down.Another agent was on a live chat and changed something and now it wont open.No error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-wont-open/79cd6999-0259-4dfa-b63c-7f9256b9c868
  3. Store wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store wont open: My store will open load for a bit then shut down.Another agent was on a live chat and changed something and now it wont open.No error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-wont-open/79cd6999-0259-4dfa-b63c-7f9256b9c868
  4. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  5. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  6. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. store wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    store wont open: Hi. While doing updates in late August laptop lost wifi connection, tried numerous fixes still had "secured no internet" but could surf web. also noted that on 24th Sept that windows was running Enterprise and not 10 pro. which I did not install. I fixed wifi by restoring...
  8. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  9. Setting Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  10. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: Click on gear win 10 get error when trying to open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/settings-wont-open/40055783-c3a7-42ed-bb93-343a4a6e946f