Windows 10: Setup not executing with clean install

Discus and support Setup not executing with clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cyberrufus, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Setup not executing with clean install

The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected.

cyberrufus, Apr 4, 2018

2. Went to clean install the latest skippy build and I booted into the keyboard setup and then to advanced boot options. Thought it might be specific to that build so I tried the most recent slow ring build with the same results. Then I thought it might be specific to my one computer so I tried it on another computer with the same results. Is there a bug relating to an issue with clean installs?

:)

cyberrufus, Apr 25, 2018
  3. npoulsen Win User
    Win 10 over Win 7 upgrade via internet fails with 80070005. Recommended fixes don't work.

Does anyone have any more information about this issue? Attempts to use iso and usb media fail with no response after running setup as administrator. Is there a place to look (log) which shows me the result of the setup execution? Absolutely nothing works
    and I have spent hours trying to upgrade. A clean Win 10 install is not an option for this machine. As a former software developer, I think Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for this lack of professionalism.

npoulsen, Apr 25, 2018
  4. Arnie3 Win User

Setup not executing with clean install

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

What? I just put the usb win10 installer and execute the setup and it allows me to reinstall...

Arnie3, Apr 25, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    What do you mean by each skippy build and slow ring build?
    When performing a clean install you will delete all partitions > make an unallocated drive > reinstall Windows 10.
    All these steps are done by using a Windows 10 iso and after clicking install.
    The advanced boot options can be used for troubleshooting problems with Windows instead of performing a clean install.

Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download Windows 10

zbook, Apr 26, 2018
  6. Setup.exe isn't running on an attempted clean install. Have to run it via the command prompt and it's an issue with both the recent skip ahead build and the most recent slow ring build. The autorun.inf file typically starts setup.exe on boot with a clean install and it's not happening.

cyberrufus, Apr 26, 2018
  7. spunk Win User
    If you have a bootable Windows installer DVD or USB created with the Media Creation Tool or Rufus etc.
    In the Bios, under the Boot tab, set your install device (ie) DVD player or USB Flash to first boot device, Save and Exit. When the computer start is should boot from the device. The first thing you should see is to choose your Language, after going next, it is Install Now, then Custom Install
    If you don't see this, you have not created your Windows Install Media correctly, or the device is not set to First Boot Device.

spunk, Apr 27, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

Nope - there is a well known bug in some builds. The solution as @cyberrufus shows is how to do it

1) Boot from installer

2) Press shift+f10 to get to command prompt

3) run diskpart

4) type "list vol" to ascertain drive letter of boot drive say D (change as appropriate in step 6).

5) Type "exit" to leave diskpart

6) Type "D:\setup.exe"

cereberus, Apr 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Setup not executing with clean install - Similar Threads - Setup executing clean

2. Executing a Windows 11 clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Executing a Windows 11 clean install: Is there any way of executing a clean install of Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.1702 without getting drives Bitlocked?Drives C; -> F; are on an internal SSD - D: ,E: & F; are BitlockedDrives G; -> L; are on an internal HDD - G: & H: are BitlockedDrives X;, Y: & Z: are USB...
  3. Executing a Windows 11 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Executing a Windows 11 clean install: Is there any way of executing a clean install of Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.1702 without getting drives Bitlocked?Drives C; -> F; are on an internal SSD - D: ,E: & F; are BitlockedDrives G; -> L; are on an internal HDD - G: & H: are BitlockedDrives X;, Y: & Z: are USB...
  4. Error while executing Windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error while executing Windows 10 setup: A Windows employee helped me with starting the Windows 10 setup after I had update errors. Now the procedure stops with error 0xc1900201. What can be the problem?...
  5. Bypass setup and do clean install

Bypass setup and do clean install: I just purchased a new HP AIO 22 R3 and will be my second one. Can I bypass doing the setup and instead start out and do a clean install of Windows 10 home. My reason for this that I am sure that my first one set the C: drive as GPT and not NTFS. Brink helped me out with...
  6. Custom Clean Install - Similar to HP's Factory Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Clean Install - Similar to HP's Factory Setup: Hi, everyone, I am planning on purchasing over the next week a HP Spectre x360; from what I understand, HP has a very specific setup to optimize hardware usage which also includes specific fingerprint, face recognition, and pen software - for instance. Considering this, is...
  7. Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?

Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?: In case I decide to reinstall Windows 10 v1803 (or later releases) by performing a Clean Installation, how can I skip the Security Questions during the Local Windows Account setup stage? The first local account setup would be my Admin account. Then, once Windows completes the...
  8. Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage

Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage: Hello everyone. I would like to know how to join a workgroup and login as a workgroup account after formatting the computer? By default, Windows setup wants to create a local account before you can log in into the Windows. [img] Is that possible not to create a...
  9. Clean install but keep any upgrade setup preferences?

Clean install but keep any upgrade setup preferences?: I've done the upgrade on my 2 computers and then later I did a clean install on the laptop. What I'd like is to do a clean install on my desktop PC but I sure would love to bring back the things I setup when I did the upgrade such as the start page and desktop screens. My...
  10. Can't execute setups anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't execute setups anymore: Hello everyone, a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup: ShellExecuteEx failed; Code 3221225477 Executing it with administrator-rights leads to a different Errormessage:...