Windows 10: Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System

Discus and support Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If anyone has a favorite "package" i am trying to recreate the ones i used to use for Windows 7, 8 etc. Windows 10 does not have all the same registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by questorfla, May 17, 2016.

1. Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System

If anyone has a favorite "package" i am trying to recreate the ones i used to use for Windows 7, 8 etc. Windows 10 does not have all the same registry keys or in some cases they are in different places, need different values, or do not even exist.

These are all the simple tweaks that in special cases like mine, have to be done to every new system or reloaded one for an office. Enable all the desktop icons, (Thanks Brink for that one !), allow viewing of file extensions, allow viewing of hidden files, and so on. There are many others and very possibly someone will have setups that I have not even thought of but would love to have.

All of these need to be something that can be preset in a batch setup or script of some kind that cold be run on a new install of windows 10 to configure as any of them as possible in that "setup-script" before getting down to installing Office 365, Antivirus etc.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else uses.*Smile

:)

questorfla, May 17, 2016
  2. EngrJPO Win User
    EngrJPO, May 17, 2016
  3. Script / automate Windows 10 settings for new user profiles

Hi,

Microsoft programming related concerns are best handled by the
    Microsoft Developer Network community. To answer your question about creating scripts in user settings, we recommend to ask our developers for appropriate
    assistance. Visit the site and click Ask a question. If you don’t have a profile yet, create one and accept the legal terms by checking “I agree”. Once you’re done, click
    Continue. After that, you can now start composing your queries and question about your concern.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Johann Eva, May 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System

5. I wish I had to "powers" of a real sysadmin. This is a "small" company and they buy laptops at local retailers. Each one has whatever it has and the only thing in common is usually Windows 10 Home. I have to leave things as they are to avoid "Voiding" warranties. But I can run a script to do a liot of the small and tedious housework.
    I agree with you 100% if I "could" do that it is the only way to fly.

BUT! WOW! What a Complete Guide! You did a Bang UP Job on that tutorial! I have been reading it ever since i came back with the first reply. Very detailed and i am saving it for the day I might be able to use it.*Thumbs

questorfla, May 17, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Beside all this wonderful tutorials here on Ten Forums, there are some books available from Microsoft.

They are available from Microsoft virtual academy. This one might interest you.

AndreTen, May 17, 2016
  7. Yes, thanks to all but I have to deal with this on a one by one basis. These are not systems i can count on imaging or using sysprep. I am just looking at a list of minor details that all require either doing by hand or if scripted, allowing them to all get done with registry edits or minor tweaks. Nothing as major as anything MS would write a book on. ;(

Actually, the most helpful info I have found lately was this location:
    >%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings<
    But I still have to go there to do each setting

questorfla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System

1. Setup Script to automate custom settings for Windows 10 on new System - Similar Threads - Setup Script automate

2. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  3. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  4. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "W 10 SETUP SCRIPT AFTER INSTALLATION TO CUSTOMIZE IT" Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    "W 10 SETUP SCRIPT AFTER INSTALLATION TO CUSTOMIZE IT" Questions: Hi, When I got my Asus Laptop, it did not present W 10 SETUP SCRIPT AFTER INSTALLATION TO CUSTOMIZE IT function. I've installed programs & made some W10 adjustments; If I create a SYSTEM RESTORE PT can I SAFELY run the W 10 SETUP SCRIPT AFTER INSTALLATION TO CUSTOMIZE IT...
  6. Run Windows 10 Setup Script after installation to customize the OS

in Windows 10 News
    Run Windows 10 Setup Script after installation to customize the OS: Windows 10 Setup Script is a PowerShell script designed to be run right on the first run after Windows 10 was installed and set up on a computer. The main idea behind the script is to give administrators ample options to customize the experience, e.g. by modifying privacy...
  7. Device Manager Driver Update Automation Script?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Driver Update Automation Script?: Is this a thing? Updating drivers once in awhile isn't bad, but manually right-clicking, properties, search online for each driver gets very tedious. There has to be someone who has this type of script, right? If so, where can I find it? Thanks!...
  8. Automation Ideas and PowerShell Scripts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automation Ideas and PowerShell Scripts: I want few automation ideas related to DFS and Active Directory Certificate Services. Please provide few automation ideas and how they can be done using PowerShell scripts. Thank you....
  9. Automate system integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automate system integrity: The attached script schedules a weekly /RestoreHealth and /scannow execution to maintain file integrity. It runs silently and will only prompt if unable to complete either scan or corrupted files are found. On first run it creates the task to run weekly. [img] If an...
  10. System's Customized Setting Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System's Customized Setting Backup: Just wondering if it is possible to save my PC settings. I am setting my PC the way I would like to have it, with respect to font size and color, desktop icon format and the rest. I would like to save my systems settings for safe keeping. Thanks. 107188