Windows 10: Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it

Discus and support Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past year or so, I've been getting BSOD errors. The error happens at a random time when using my computer. At first it was rare and I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jokrage, Aug 8, 2018.

1. jokrage Win User

Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it

For the past year or so, I've been getting BSOD errors. The error happens at a random time when using my computer. At first it was rare and I wasn't really concerned, but it's been getting more and more frequent, with scarier sounding error messages (as you can tell, my computer knowledge is limited). A recent development is that my computer stopped restarting after the bluescreen. I have to manually shut it off then start it again. The error code is different every time, but here's some that I remember:

• Page fault in non paged area
    • Critical process died
    • IRQL not less or equal
    • Memory management
    • PFN list corrupt

So far I've tried to fix it by:

• Updating all drivers
    • Updating windows
    • System file checker
    • DISM
    • Chkdsk

Here's the errors in event viewer from the most recent blue screen (oldest to most recent):

• The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) failed to execute initialization for offline setup. The data field contains the error number.
    • Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) is stopping because it encountered an error. The data field contains the error number.
    • The Application Host Helper Service encountered an error while reading the data for SID mapping. Please ensure that the application pool name data is correct in the configuration file. To resolve this issue, please recommit the changes or restart this service. The data field contains the error number.
    • The Application Host Helper Service encountered an error trying to process the configuration data for config history. The feature will be disabled. To resolve this issue, please confirm that the configuration file is correct, has correct attribute values for config history and recommit the changes. The feature will be enabled again if the configuration is correct. The data field contains the error number.
    • Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.
    • The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    • The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.
    • The WAS service terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
    • The NetMsmqActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
    • The W3SVC service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
    • The NetPipeActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
    • The NetTcpActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

A lot of these say the data field contains the error number, and I'd add that if I knew what the data field was. This event viewer stuff is way over my head, so that's why I'm posting here now. So what can I do to fix this tragedy of a pc?

:)

jokrage, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Gil deG Win User

How to fix blue screen stopcode

Hi Willma,

If you are experiencing blue screen errors in your computer, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    for the step-by-step guide on how to fix blue screen errors.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it

blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it

1. Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it - Similar Threads - Several blue screens

2. Multiple blue screens per day for the past few weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple blue screens per day for the past few weeks: Hi, I've been trying to diagnose this issue on my own for a few weeks now and have not found any solution. I've been getting random BSOD 2 sometimes 3 times per day. It's happened multiple times right after I press the shutdown button on Windows, randomly during playing a...
  3. Multiple blue screens per day for the past few weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple blue screens per day for the past few weeks: Hi, I've been trying to diagnose this issue on my own for a few weeks now and have not found any solution. I've been getting random BSOD 2 sometimes 3 times per day. It's happened multiple times right after I press the shutdown button on Windows, randomly during playing a...
  4. Multiple blue screens per week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple blue screens per week: Hello,I have been getting multiple blue screens per week in the six months since I purchased a brand new ASUS Tuf Gaming F15.Any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?I'm running the latest VirtualBox and am doing much of my work in a VM.I've upgraded the stock laptop...
  5. Multiple blue screens per week

Multiple blue screens per week: Hello,I have been getting multiple blue screens per week in the six months since I purchased a brand new ASUS Tuf Gaming F15.Any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?I'm running the latest VirtualBox and am doing much of my work in a VM.I've upgraded the stock laptop...
  6. Autoscrolling and nothing seems to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoscrolling and nothing seems to fix it: Since last night, my computer suddenly started to autoscroll on anypage it's on. Even programs such as Word and Chrome. Nothing I do has helped fix the problem and I have uninstalled my mouse, uninstalled windows update and reinstalled it, check for any driver update and even...
  7. Autoscrolling and nothing seems to fix it

Autoscrolling and nothing seems to fix it: Since last night, my computer suddenly started to autoscroll on anypage it's on. Even programs such as Word and Chrome. Nothing I do has helped fix the problem and I have uninstalled my mouse, uninstalled windows update and reinstalled it, check for any driver update and even...
  8. Autoscrolling and nothing seems to fix it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Weekly blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weekly blue screens: So ^^ there's blue screens. Before and after reinstalling windows fresh. At first it was the old bios version and memory, but I have my bios updated and that helped a lot but didn't completely fix it. Sometimes bluescreens happen when I strain the computer, or when I do...
  10. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week: Hi, the issue described in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-keeps-rebuilding-itself-several-times-per/ef78b689-f145-4cd7-b5d0-47d461e1f2d8 ...continues on a completely new machine (Win 10 Pro) where the personal files has been...