Windows 10: Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Discus and support Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I never really had any problems with my computer until upgrading to Windows 10, now I am having very frequent crashes that all seem to be similar. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HCarlton24, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I never really had any problems with my computer until upgrading to Windows 10, now I am having very frequent crashes that all seem to be similar. My guess is memory corruption, but I can't figure out the cause of it.
    The crashes are pretty random, they can happen when I'm playing a game or when I'm simply browsing in Chrome.

Things I have done to try an resolve the issue:

Clean Install of Windows
    Installed lasted MB BIOS
    Ran Driver Verifier (still running)
    Configured my RAM timings and voltage to match manufacturers recommended specs.

Also I had and AMD overclocking driver installed, I removed it. So nothing should be overclocked.

Please help! Thanks *Smile

:)

HCarlton24, Oct 2, 2015

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys)

my computer frequently started to have a new BSOD. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys). can you help me solve this problem?

Bhaswata Choudhury, Oct 2, 2015
  3. BSOD system_service_exception Windows 10 + DMP files

Thank you for your prompt reply. I ran malewarebytes and nothing was found. Interestingly I encountered too other BSOD !!! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and system_thread_exception_not_handled. I actually got this device last week and all these BSODs!!!

AlirezaArab, Oct 2, 2015
  4. Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Another crash just occurred a few minutes ago. The bug check this time was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and it was caused by dxgmms2.sys. Perhaps I need to do a clean install of my AMD graphics drivers?

Attached is the dump from the crash.

HCarlton24, Oct 2, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi HCarlton24,

It appears you have KMSpico.
    This program is used for illegal activating Windows or Office, because you don't have Office it is clear Windows is illegal activated.
    Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless because it is not known what has been modified to your system.

Purchase and clean install Windows is the solution for you.

axe0, Oct 2, 2015
  6. I did as you said.

All was working fine for about a day, then it unexpectedly crashed when I was watching a Twitch stream. Still and issue with dxgmms2.sys apparently.

HCarlton24, Oct 5, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  8. Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high I ran the test for 30 minutes. The temperature maxed out at 74C, it stayed that way for the majority of the test. I didn't notice anything alarming during the test.

HCarlton24, Oct 5, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please open the case and make sure 2 things are properly done
    • Check if the GPU is properly seated, if the GPU is not properly seated, reseat it.
    • Check for dust, dirt or something similar, if there is remove it.

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  10. Done and done. I decided to place it in a different slot as well while I was at it.

Do I do anything else now? Or should I wait to see if another BSOD happens? Thanks for the help so far.

HCarlton24, Oct 5, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Just wait for another BSOD now.
    If any BSOD comes, use the tool and upload the zip file.

12. Another crash just happen *Sad This time I was just watching a Youtube video. Around the time of the crash I was switching between two tabs in Chrome. The crashes only seem to happen when I am watching a video/stream or playing a game.

HCarlton24, Oct 5, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Please uninstall Chrome temporarily.
    Chrome lately causes crashes for some people, although I am not sure why.

14. Will do.

I usually do have a Chrome window open while gaming, and sometimes I will ALT-TAB from my game to look at chrome. So I wonder if that's part of the issue. Now that I think about it, almost every crash has occurred while I had a chrome window open.

I'll report back if another crash occurs, or if the issue becomes resolved. Thank you!

HCarlton24, Oct 5, 2015
  15. Ran fine for almost 2 days after I stopped using Chrome!

But now I have had 2 crashes today, and they both happen when I was playing the new Star Wars: Battlefront beta. It's hard to tell if the game is causing the crashes, or if it's my graphics card.

I should note that when the first crash occurred I got a red screen and couldn't do anything so I had to manually reboot. On the second crash I got another blank red screen, but the PC managed to reset on its own. Both crashes managed to report crash dumps.

I fear my graphics card has gone bad.

HCarlton24, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

1. Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Similar Threads - Several BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

2. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  3. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ive had this BSOD around 6 times in the past 3 days, heres the minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArnFtpjfZMHco2iG_4YOhcEX6Kyw please help me, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmodeexceptionnothandled/c6ba6fb5-0820-47db-9535-c7f20f641f64
  4. BSOD Kmode_Exception_Not_handled

BSOD Kmode_Exception_Not_handled: It keeps happening over and over. I can't even post here to get help before it happens again. What do I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmodeexceptionnothandled/e162b851-79bd-435e-be3d-0c7a54168a2b
  5. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: I am experiencing repeated BSOD errors with the stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it says that dxgmms2.sys is what failed. I have attached a zip file from the log collector via instruction on this forum. DESKTOP-08U62TS-(2020-06-03_10-48-12).zip I hope I uploaded...
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, my pc crashed today with the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED It is not the first time it happened, I had one 12 days ago and I thought my pc was ok after:...
  8. Bsod: Kmode_exception_not_handled

Bsod: Kmode_exception_not_handled: Been recently encountering BSoDs with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when gaming, specifically the open beta of Monster Hunter Online. Happens after around 2 hours or so. Doesn't happen with other games and has not happened before. Attached my minidump and required...
  9. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: Hey guys, i have a lot of BSOD in the last time. Story: I already had windows 10 running on my old system - without any BSOD. I upgraded some Hardware a while ago (mainboard, graphics and processor) and did a clean installation of Windows 10... Since then i got at...
  10. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled: Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue. I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and...