Windows 10: Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64

Discus and support Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 Home x64 during Christmas festivities. It is a clean install. Although I'm using the OS without licence (I'm planning to buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deggesim, Feb 27, 2016.

1. deggesim Win User

Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64

I installed Windows 10 Home x64 during Christmas festivities.
    It is a clean install.
    Although I'm using the OS without licence (I'm planning to buy the license when price drops on amazon), it works well, except for several BSOD occurred during these weeks.

Some days ago I ran MemTest86 for a whole night without any error.

Every driver is up to date, I even uninstalled my antivirus (ESET Nod32) to let Windows use its own Defender.

I really have not a clue of the issue.

I hope you can help me.

Regards,
    Simone.

PS: here you can see full specs of my pc -> - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker Italia

:)

deggesim, Feb 27, 2016
  2. ilivsol Win User

Windows 10 Home x64 Activation Issue

Hello,

I was using Windows 10 Home x64 Insiders' Preview for several months before its official release on 29th of July. In the few days following the release my OS felt slow and unresponsive so I decided to reset it completely. Unfortunately, something went wrong
    and my system started restart looping with BSOD telling me INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I then burned a ISO on a DVD and reinstalled Windows 10, but now it appears as though not activated. Before I reset I saw Windows 10 was activated, tell me I don't need to
    pay now for a new DPK! Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64 :(

ilivsol, Feb 27, 2016
  3. 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472): Failed to install

I looked at the instructions in "Windows Update Components" and this is way too complex for the average home user. There should be a tool to do this easily.

FYI Several attempts for each Windows updates in the last few months and all failed.

2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472)

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015217)

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013429

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015438

The last successful update happened on March 13, 2015

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013418)

abbeyroad58, Feb 27, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

In case you didn't run the right memory test:
    Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64 [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure. There is a possibility the current memory isn't supported by your motherboard
    ASRock > H77 Pro4/MVP
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0011h] Physical Memory Array Handle 000fh Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 859B Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number BLS4G3D1609DS1S00.[/quote]

axe0, Mar 1, 2016
  5. deggesim Win User
    deggesim, Mar 5, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I think so yes, but we could test the drivers to see if the drivers are the cause *Smile
    Also, please let me know what the voltage and frequency of the memory according to the BIOS are.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Mar 5, 2016
  7. deggesim Win User
    Default settings:

deggesim, Mar 5, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Ok, the frequency, timing and voltage are *Thumbs
    I would however keep an eye on the XMP, it may push the memory a bit what may cause problems.

axe0, Mar 5, 2016
  9. deggesim Win User
    I modified XMP settings, frequency and timings in the following way:

As you can see from the first screenshot I can't disable XMP.
    Anyway I monitor the situation with fixed settings and let you know.

Thanks a lot for your help! *Smile

deggesim, Mar 6, 2016
  10. deggesim Win User
    Justo got 3 BSOD in a row... *cry

Updated logs:

deggesim, Mar 8, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    All of them are pointing to memory corruption, but because yesterday was patchday it is more likely drivers.
    Please run driver verifier again

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

12. deggesim Win User
    I'm running driver verifier as pointed by the tutorial.
    No BSOD until now (~ 2 hours running)
    I'll keep you posted.

deggesim, Mar 10, 2016
  13. deggesim Win User

Driver verifier did not find any issue, no BSOD during the verify.

During yesterday afternoon though, I had another BSOD.

Attachment 69170

If I wanted to change memory I'd like to by 2x8GB of DDR3 1600 (they fit well with the CPU).
    According to the memory table on ASRock site (ASRock > H77 Pro4/MVP), I found only two type of memory:

• DDR3 1600 8GB Kingston KHX16C9P1K2/16
    • DDR3 1600 8GB Kingston KHX16C10B1K2/16X

If I search for those module I can't find anything, I found otherwise this Kingston model searching for KHX16C9P1K2 or KHX16C10B1K2 -> Kingston HyperX Fury Kit Memorie DDR-III da 16 GB, 2x8 GB, PC 1600, Nero: Amazon.it: Informatica

Do you think these memories will work properly?

deggesim, Mar 12, 2016
  14. Hello deggesim.

The BSOD that occurred yesterday was a 0x109 and here are the most probable causes:

And I would be very careful when buying RAM, I would try to find modules that match 100% to the ones on the ASRock page.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 12, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    @deggesim, could you upload a kernel dump / memory dump from %systemroot%, you'll need a 3rd party uploader to upload it and share the link. I want to verify something but I can't, probably due to limited data with minidumps.

Thema:

1. Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64 - Similar Threads - Several BSOD Home

2. Several BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several BSOD on Windows 10: Hello, i have several BSOD, many months now, usually: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALall drivers is the lastest, windows update is the latest, i have already run sfc /scannow without problemsjust a note, all BSODs happened during the pc was "idle" on...
  3. Several BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several BSOD on Windows 10: Hello, i have several BSOD, many months now, usually: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALall drivers is the lastest, windows update is the latest, i have already run sfc /scannow without problemsjust a note, all BSODs happened during the pc was "idle" on...
  4. Several BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Several Random BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Random BSOD on Windows 10: Having a lot of random BSOD these past weeks in plenty of situations: Playing, idle, and even starting and shutting down Windows. chkdsk and sfc were clear until today some corrupted files appeared, fixing them and at reboot another two crashes. The computer has been running...
  6. Several BSOD Windows 10

Several BSOD Windows 10: Hello, i have a problem, if i start my PC, everything is ok, until i start a game and i play it like 5 min or less, i get a BSOD. The errors are the same all the time, Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. If anybody know how to fix it, please tell me. My Windows version: 1607...
  7. Several BSOD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Several BSOD Windows 10: Hello, i have a problem, if i start my PC, everything is ok, until i start a game and i play it like 5 min or less, i get a BSOD. The errors are the same all the time, Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. If anybody know how to fix it, please tell me. My Windows version: 1607...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Several Questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Several Questions: After much trial and error, I finally managed to update my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch. It was running on Windows 8.1 for the longest time, and was refusing to update the last several days. A wonderful tech agent said my laptop qualified for a free upgrade to W10 Home so after a few...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64: I just purchased the upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I did not seem to get an activation/product key, but there is an "Install" button where the "Buy" button was, but what do I do when it asks for a product key? This is on a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series that I purchased new with...
  10. Windows 10 Home x64 BSOD Critical Structure Corruption

Windows 10 Home x64 BSOD Critical Structure Corruption: Hi, I get a BSOD ranging from every hour to every couple hours, either during normal use or while I am away. I built my PC a few days ago and the first couple days I had no problems. This has been going on since yesterday. File is attached. Thank you. 24463