Windows 10: Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing

Discus and support Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Inspiron 5566 laptop with Windows 10 Home I have been fighting against the automatic update to 1803 for many weeks (I had been on 1709),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CatalinaDavis, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing

I have an Inspiron 5566 laptop with Windows 10 Home

I have been fighting against the automatic update to 1803 for many weeks (I had been on 1709), because every time it would automatically install I would have to roll back to the previous version because I was unable to login/fully boot.

After this latest attempt of Microsoft automatically updating my os without my consent I have several issues that have occurred, only one of which I have found a workaround for.

1) I yet again was unable to log in to my pc. I could select my user account, type my password in, and then I would be brought right back to the lock screen ad infinitum. WORKAROUND: I managed to restart the pc in safe mode and successfully get past the lock screen. Once I let my pc finish loading I shut down and restarted my pc, and it booted up normally, and I was able to get past the lock screen. However…

2) My Start Menu is unresponsive and most of the tiles are blank. I can left-click (and right-click) on the windows button in the corner or press the Win-key, but in the Start Menu itself *nothing* responds. Left-click, right-click, scrollbar, each menu icon and folder and shortcut…. It’s all unresponsive. The only thing that works is hovering the mouse over a blank tile reveals what the tile is *supposed* to be, but since I can’t click on the icon it does me no good.

3) My Taskbar is unresponsive to right-clicks. It doesn’t matter if it’s a program I have pinned to the Taskbar, or if it’s a program I simply have running, I cannot right-click anything that appears on the Taskbar.

4) Dell (or formerly) True Color was running just fine on 1709, but since the update to 1803 True Color has been rendered non-functional. I have tried repairing that program, reinstalling it, but it simply no longer works. The Intel HD Graphics 620 drivers that I have are current, updated, and without issue.

5) In my File Explorer is a new folder titled ‘Windows’ (no, not ‘Windows.old’). What is this folder, and why can I not hide it or delete it, even when I take control of it?

6) I had used wushowhide.diagcab to block 1803 from automatically installing on my pc as well as deselected ‘install updates even on a metered connection’ , but whatever this week’s critical update was bypassed both of these measures.

How can I fix these issues? Worst case scenario I’ll copy all my files and folders to an external hard drive and do a complete reinstall of Windows, but I’d rather not do that. I want to at least try to fix that crap pile Microsoft foisted upon me, since they know what I want better than I do. Thank you for your help in fixing this mess!

:)

CatalinaDavis, Aug 16, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 16, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Aug 16, 2018
  4. MINDustry Win User

Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing

Need help fixing Error code: 0x81000033

Here. And yes, the problem is Figure A. What do I do now? Step by step.

Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing [​IMG]

MINDustry, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing

1. Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing - Similar Threads - Several errors 1803

2. i need help fixing this error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help fixing this error code: I'm having error 0x800f0805 I've been having this for a year now trying to update my computer I'm really just trying to use my pc game pass but I cant because of this problem I need assistance...
  3. i need help fixing this error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help fixing this error code: I'm having error 0x800f0805 I've been having this for a year now trying to update my computer I'm really just trying to use my pc game pass but I cant because of this problem I need assistance...
  4. i need help fixing this error code

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hi I need help fixing windows error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I need help fixing windows error: This showed up when I boot it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-need-help-fixing-windows-error/c0d72b48-f40e-4ef5-b89c-590a2c7d5f10
  6. Hi I need help fixing windows error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi I need help fixing windows error: This showed up when I boot it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-need-help-fixing-windows-error/c0d72b48-f40e-4ef5-b89c-590a2c7d5f10
  7. I need help fixing error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help fixing error code 0xc000000f: my sisters laptop stopped working at some point and when its turned on it just says error code 0xc000000f and explains what the error code is.does anyone know a way to fix this by chance? i downloaded an installation media tool for it but it just sat on a loading screen for...
  8. I need help fixing error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help fixing error code 0xc000000f: my sisters laptop stopped working at some point and when its turned on it just says error code 0xc000000f and explains what the error code is.does anyone know a way to fix this by chance? i downloaded an installation media tool for it but it just sat on a loading screen for...
  9. I need help to fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to fix this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mrexcavatorthell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iftais/i_need_help_to_fix_this/
  10. CBS.log errors need help fixing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CBS.log errors need help fixing: Hello and thanks for your interest in helping me. After running sfc /scannow in admin mode, I have a few errors I would like to repair before something happens that requires more involved repairs. I have included the sfc dos results and the CBS.log results I would try and...