Windows 10: several icons stopped working

Discus and support several icons stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought my PC some months ago, it is new, and everything was OK but now I have an issue with Windows 10 installed on my PC: several icons don’t work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zhaidi zhaidi, Jul 25, 2018.

1. several icons stopped working

I bought my PC some months ago, it is new, and everything was OK but now I have an issue with Windows 10 installed on my PC: several icons don’t work, specifically, a start button, search and taskbar icon, the same trouble with Microsoft edge. Report from Reliability Monitor shows 3 items stopped working, they are: Lenova.Modern.ImController.PluginHost Shell Infrastructure Host Explorer.EXE

I try to reboot the system but it also indicates unknown problem. I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

:)

zhaidi zhaidi, Jul 25, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 25, 2018
  4. several icons stopped working

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

several icons stopped working

1. several icons stopped working - Similar Threads - several icons stopped

2. Severe Issue! Click Stops working randomly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Issue! Click Stops working randomly on Windows 11: From the day my system updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, clicking most of the elements does nothing at first.. some elements were rarely clickable till I restart it multiple times not just once, using the tab key and arrows to navigate. Then I realised that clicking any...
  3. Severe Issue! Click Stops working randomly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Severe Issue! Click Stops working randomly on Windows 11: From the day my system updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, clicking most of the elements does nothing at first.. some elements were rarely clickable till I restart it multiple times not just once, using the tab key and arrows to navigate. Then I realised that clicking any...
  4. My authentication for several sites has stopped working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My authentication for several sites has stopped working.: I have noticed I'm no longer able to log in to numerous websites. The number of sites seems to have increased during the past few weeks. I can log in on my phone but on my laptop, it says authentication failed. I tried the following steps:- Different browsers,- Private mode,-...
  5. Quick Access stops working for several users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access stops working for several users: I have a scenario where several users are getting the error of doc file is corrupted when trying to pin items to quick access I have tried the below del /F /Q %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\* del /F /Q %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\* del...
  6. How can I stop several instances of several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop several instances of several applications: Hi I have several instances of Chrome, Teams and other applications slowing down my laptop. I have like about 15 instances of Chrome, RuntimeBroker.exe has 10 instances and others. 1 Are all these necessary at the same time 2 how do I stop them Thanks...
  7. Several features stopped working after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several features stopped working after BSOD: I'm on a G551JW running Windows 10 I have been at this for two days now, here's what happened, what I found and what I've tried I had just updated Photoshop and Illustrater when my computer bluescreened. Once it booted back up noticing later that this now takes longer...
  8. Several hotkeys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several hotkeys are not working: My microphone, camera, and airplane mode hot keys do not work. (f4,f7,f8). The f# part works fine, it's the hotkey part that does not work. I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers, but to no avail. Factory resetting does not work either. The microphone and camera...
  9. USB mice stop working after several sleeps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mice stop working after several sleeps: I usually put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down. After a couple of days my mouse will stop working. I tried other mice with cable and wireless, but none works. I have to restart to fix it. In DeviceMonitoringStudio I can see the USB mice connected and sending...
  10. extra large icons stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    extra large icons stopped working: If I open my windows 10 file explorer " this PC downloads", and want to see thumbnails in extra large size, this suddenly no longer works. All the other sizes still work. Extra large is highlighted as my choice of size, but produces the same size as medium icons, though in a...