Windows 10: Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Discus and support Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, For some time now, my PC is having some issues. 1. When Right click Computer icon > Manage, I get the error attached and when clicking OK, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Itay, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Itay Win User

Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Hey,
    For some time now, my PC is having some issues.
    1. When Right click Computer icon > Manage, I get the error attached and when clicking OK, it works fine.
    If I use the run command (Win key + R > compmgmt.msc), it opens with no error.

Attachment 139254

2. Sometime when I right click, the Explorer crashes.

3. If I try to change Windows Edge settings while using my mouse it goes BANANAS and for example opens the print option or in privet mode or "F12"...
    If I use the keyboard, it works fine!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

:)

2. RICKYWEST Win User

Will Windows 10 PRO run faster that Windows 10 Home?

[Windows 10 PRO 64bit ,QUESTIONS ? ]

- // IS THERE ANYTHING IN Windows 10 Pro 64bit THAT WILL MAKE MY COMPUTER RUN FASTER THAN HAVING REGULAR Windows 10 64bit ?....

IN OTHER WORDS SHOULD I BUY WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bit TO IMPROVE THE WORKING SPEED OF MY COMPUTER THAT IS RUNNING WINDOWS 10 64bit ? ...

RICKYWEST, Jun 12, 2017
  3. [All settings] in Windows 10 pro will not load.

I've performed Method 1 and Method 2 several times and it still fails.

Reformatted the drive, reloaded Windows 10 pro 64bit (10.0, Build 10586) and it works now.

gary breeden, Jun 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, you may have a context menu entry which has been added by one or more programs that is causing problems when you right click things.

There are tools available which allow you to disable context menu entries, and so identify the cause by a process of elimination. These include:

ShellmenuView
    Shellexview

and
    Autoruns also allows control of a number of context menu entries.

These are all free and easy to find.

I find that no one tool lists all context menu additions, so you may need to keep trying.

I recommend you back up your registry / create a restore point / update or create a disk image (everyone should use disk imaging- we recommend its routine use repeatedly - so many advantages) before making changes so you have an easy means of reversing changes you make.

Disabling context menu entries does not require you to log off or restart.
    Do not disable MS shell extensions.

I would guess your Edge problem is a separate matter.

dalchina, Jun 12, 2017
  5. Itay Win User
    Dalchina,

Thanks for the replay.

I wrote questions 1 and 3 after searching for answers and trying all sort of methods.
    After writing the one about the right click, I searched again and answers like the one you suggested and I will try it.

About Edge,
    I found a lot of help about RAM issues but note about my specific issue although i'm also experiencing the RAM issues (every tab uses 500MB of RAM).
    I tried the suggested fixes but none helped.

About the first issue, I found some work around but I'm trying to really fix it.

Thx,

6. dalchina New Member
    The context entry for in the first case is part of the OS. It is odd that clicking it results in an error message- given your second case, I might have expected a problem on right clicking My Computer.

Whilst I could ask you to post a screenshot of the context menu you see when right clicking My Computer, unfortunately it will be incomprehensible to me.

What you might also try is
    Does the same thing happen
    a. if you boot to Safe Mode
    b. if you do a clean boot
    c. if you create anew user for test purposes.

If clicking Manage in any of those circumstances works without error, one can reasonably conclude Windows files and relevant registry entries are ok, and something added is causing the problem.

Have you had any virus infections?
    Do you have any restore points you could use?
    Do you have any previously created disk images you could use to restore your system to a previously working state?
    All regular contributors here routinely use and recommend disk imaging.

By way of simple routine checks, you can do this:
    Check your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

To check your system files - from an admin command prompt
    SFC /SCANNOW

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit - Similar Threads - Several issues Pro

2. Several issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several issues with Windows 10: Hello! The pc is overheating very fast and whenever that happens i get the blue screen of death, however when it doesn’t overheat I can’t download from Microsoft Store, saying: “Install failed”, I can’t play any spotify songs and i get alot of random lag spikes. It doesn’t...
  3. To report an issue with KB5000802 in Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    To report an issue with KB5000802 in Windows 10 Pro 64Bit: Hi support, When the above is installed, it causes the print photo function using standard Windows Photo Viewer to have streak lines or unprinted patches. So when I uninstalled the said update, and the print function works as per normal. However, the said update will be...
  4. Windows 10 pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro 64bit: I'm looking for the download link for windows 10 pro 64 bit. All I can find is windows 10 home. I have a key already for windows 10 pro. But I need to wipe my system to install windows 10 it has really old windows atm...
  5. Windows 10 Several Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Several Issues: Hi, I recently just downloaded Windows 10 Education onto a new PC. Right away, I noticed there were several issues I had with Windows, and I was hoping someone would know what to do. I looked at several guides online suggesting how to fix these issues, and none of them work...
  6. windows 10 pro 32bit to windows 10 pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro 32bit to windows 10 pro 64bit: I bought a brand new windows 10 pro 32bit and not yet installed. can I installed it but i will choose 64bit? Thanks. Andrew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-32bit-to-windows-10-pro-64bit/f3d79f3d-6aeb-4377-ab55-b5f0be713a09
  7. BSOD Windows 10 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Hello I have just built a new PC with the following specs and it gives me BSOD every 5 mins or so. How can I locate the minidump files to share them with you? I have the following specs CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 RAM: Corsair 3200Mhz XMP enabled MB: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite...
  8. Several Windows 10 Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Several Windows 10 Issues: Hey guys, sorry for the kinda dodgy heading as I didn't exactly know how to summarise all the problems I'm having haha. Firstly there's a BSOD with the following error: IRQL_not_less_or_equal, (I know about this, this is networking related, it only happens occasionally,...
  9. Issues with built in Administrator Account Windows 10 Pro 64bit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues with built in Administrator Account Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Hello everyone! I have been using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit before, always with the built in Admin account. I have tried out Windows 10 awhile back with a clean install just to get used to it, and already noticed the issue that enabling the built in admin account would result...
  10. Re-upgrading from Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-upgrading from Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit: I had a activated version of Windows 7 pro 64 bit which got automatically approved for upgrade to Windows 10 pro 64 bit some months ago. The upgrade to Windows 10 took place before the free upgrade deadline. I had a boot issue with Windows 10 after I merged some unused...