Windows 10: Several programs cannot connect to the Internet, but others can

Discus and support Several programs cannot connect to the Internet, but others can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 since they released the preview and have had relatively few problems. I recently updated to build 10041 and noticed that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Waterkeeper, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Several programs cannot connect to the Internet, but others can

I have been using Windows 10 since they released the preview and have had relatively few problems. I recently updated to build 10041 and noticed that I have two specific program that seem to not be able to connect to the Internet. The two programs are the Curse client (for wow add-ons) and a program called the vWorkspace App Portal that I use to connect remotely to the office, which is very similar to Citrix. Both of these worked fine before the recent update. After the update the Curse client complains that it is unable to connect to the Internet to check for new versions of the program and the vWorkspace App Portal program is unable connect to the Internet to download the connection configuration or to connect to the vWorkspace server and log me in.

All other programs seem to be able to connect to the Internet fine and I can certainly browse the web just fine. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Thanks,
    Ben

:)

Waterkeeper, Mar 27, 2015
  2. Time Lady Win User

[Windows 10] can connect to internet but cannot use it after and before factory reset

Further options:

Open Microsoft Edge

Type about:flags in the address bar

Scroll down until you see a Network section

Uncheck the option named TCP Fast Open

Restart your browser

This fixes the problem 90% of the time but if it doesn't there's more potential solutions where I found the information.

https://appuals.com/fix-inet_e_resource_not_fou...

Please don't download the fix they offer on the site & beware of any ads which may be on the site.

Time Lady, Mar 27, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, Mar 27, 2015
  4. Several programs cannot connect to the Internet, but others can

One additional thing, I uninstalled and reinstalled the vWorkspace App Portal and that did not make any difference. I also tried to download and reinstall the Curse client and when it got to the point in the install where it wanted to download additional content from the Internet it just sat there perpetually.

Waterkeeper, Mar 27, 2015
  5. Looey Win User

Looey, Mar 28, 2015
  6. EricT Win User
    I have been having a similar problem, tho it seems to be much worse than yours. I use a dell inspirion 14r (early 2011 model). After getting windows 10. The new edge browser seems to be the only thing that works. Anything else such as chrome,steam,skype,etc cant connect to internet, even tho I can surf the web on edge. I'm not rlly smart with tech but I tried everything I could think of such as turning of my firewall or updating my internet driving. nothing seems to work.
    Help appreciated!

EricT, Aug 5, 2015
  7. I had the same problem also. Several programs like steam, McAfee and utorrent are not able to connect to internet while the internet is function and able to go online. It seem something had blocked the programs but when I look for allows apps through firewall, turn off firewall and windows defender, these doesn't work also.
    anyone know what is happening?

gohxianhui, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Several programs cannot connect to the Internet, but others can

1. Several programs cannot connect to the Internet, but others can - Similar Threads - Several programs cannot

2. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  3. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Program Will Not Connect to Internet

Program Will Not Connect to Internet: Hello,I have been newly installing some new collecting programs on my computer. I had no problem with the movie and video game collector but when I try to connect to the internet on the movie program, It tells me that it cannot connect to the internt. I have made sure that it...
  6. Network problem - Can connect to Internet browsers but not to other Apps/programs

Network problem - Can connect to Internet browsers but not to other Apps/programs: Hello, To briefly summarise, I seem to be able to connect to the internet via browsers Chrome/firefox, but not on other platforms/apps, for example Outlook app, Spotify, Steam etc... This seems absolutely bizarre, considering the problem is usually with the browsers! And...
  7. Programs that can no longer see an internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs that can no longer see an internet connection: I have Metatrader 4 and Bet Bot Pro version 5 that used to work up to last Thursday afternoon when there was a Windows 10 update that required me to restart my computer . After I went through the restart and update I opened my Metatrader 4 program for Forex Trading it would...
  8. programs cannot connect to internet

programs cannot connect to internet: Only my opera web browser can connect to the Internet with no problems. Other web browsers and programs will not connect - security software, windows store, wunderlist, windows update. Running all the troubleshooters, the only message to come up is "the remote device or...
  9. Several Programs cannot connect to internet

Several Programs cannot connect to internet: Hi There seem to be a lot of these problems and they are posted all over. Firstly most of my programs that were carried over from my windows 10 upgrade seem to have some form of internet connectivity problems, my browsers work completely fine, with the exception of...
  10. "Modern" apps cannot connect to internet but all other apps can.

"Modern" apps cannot connect to internet but all other apps can.: I recently had an odd Trojan horse and, while it seems to have been sorted, some damage has been done in it's wake. For some reason I cannot use any Metro apps. Windows Store says there is no internet connection, Cortana says it cannot connect, Edge closes as soon as it is...