Windows 10: Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings

Discus and support Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here the list of my "not working stuff": - Microsoft Store - opens only loading screen and then shuts down - Windows defender - i can see he is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stefanus_42, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings

Here the list of my "not working stuff":

- Microsoft Store - opens only loading screen and then shuts down

- Windows defender - i can see he is turned on but the window is not opening

- SFC-Scan - same like the two abow

- MediaCreationTool1803 - i wanted to create a recovery file but this program is not opening to

- i am unable to open images - Error: the app didnt start

As far as i know this are the only not working programs. I had Avast antivirus instaled but I unistaled it already.

I had problems with instaling the update KB4343909. I fixed this problem and my Windows 10 is up to date, but nothing has changed.

I scaned my PC for viruses and i found none. I tried this sollution for Windows Defender:

https://www.howto-connect.com/windows-defender-not-working/

With no result.

If i try to restore the previous settings, after some minutes i get the message: no changes have been made.

Had someone experienced something like this before? What can I do to fix this? Please help.

:)

Stefanus_42, Aug 19, 2018

2. Some programs crash right after startup. started occuring after a system restore

Earlier this week I did a shutdown for some windows updates to install. After it rebooted it seemed to take forever saying windows update preparing to install. Some googling suggested to reboot and it will finish the installation, or you can sign in and re-perform the update. This didnt happen. I had to do a system restore to a direct X install from a couple days back. Windows then booted properly, but there was some problems. It complained about unable to load assembly sortkey.nlp. Turned out it was ATI catalyst software causing the problem. So I reinstalled that to 12.10. Now when I try and run some programs such as CdBurner XP Pro or Free Youtube to Mp3 converter, they crash instantly with the error: <program> has stopped working.

I tried removing .net and installing .net 4.5. But still no luck.

Id like to avoid reinstalling windows, any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Aug 19, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings

1. Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings - Similar Threads - Several Programs loading

2. Unable to load a program on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to load a program on Windows 10 PC: I downloaded and installed a web designer program called Blue Griffon on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. When I go to open the program I get the window asking permission and that is all. The software does not load. I tried loading this software on my Windows 10 Pro laptop and it...
  3. Unable to load a program on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to load a program on Windows 10 PC: I downloaded and installed a web designer program called Blue Griffon on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. When I go to open the program I get the window asking permission and that is all. The software does not load. I tried loading this software on my Windows 10 Pro laptop and it...
  4. Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version: As dumb may it sound, I accidentally deleted folders such as Desktop, Documents, and Pictures from OneDrive folder. Those three folders contain very important files that I should have. It can't be found in Recycle Bin because the option was to permanently delete. Which is, I...
  5. Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version: As dumb may it sound, I accidentally deleted folders such as Desktop, Documents, and Pictures from OneDrive folder. Those three folders contain very important files that I should have.It can't be found in Recycle Bin because the option was to permanently delete.Which is, I...
  6. No restore previous os available after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No restore previous os available after reinstalling windows: So I was attempting to clone one ssd onto another using macrium reflect, it appeared everything worked and the process completed, however when I tried to boot into either drive my pc was not detecting the windows installation (blinking underscore on black screen). This...
  7. Unable to restore previous version of windows 10

Unable to restore previous version of windows 10: I updated the windows 10 version to the latest 2004. After a few weeks I really disappointed to the latest version, when i want to restore to the previous version, it said i cant because the windows has updated for more than 10 days. How RUDE it is... now i stuck on this...
  8. unable to load program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to load program: I've been trying to install H&R Block 2018 but everytime I attempt I get an error message code 1500...there seems to be another installation in progress on my computer and I can't seem to find it. Help....
  9. how do i restore previous settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i restore previous settings: How can I restore previous settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-restore-previous-settings/1a8341e1-5732-4f12-815f-e0a5d1885d5a
  10. Unable to reinstall to previous system partition (GPT)

Unable to reinstall to previous system partition (GPT): I tried to reinstall Windows to my existing system partition (I would like it to make one of those Windows.old folders). When I select the system partition, I get the error: Windows Setup Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT...