Windows 10: Several System Settings not opening/stuck

Discus and support Several System Settings not opening/stuck in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. I've just clean-installed windows 10 here, then updated everything possible. Now when I try to open the following system settings, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dream3, Nov 18, 2015.

1. dream3 Win User

Several System Settings not opening/stuck

Hey guys.

I've just clean-installed windows 10 here, then updated everything possible. Now when I try to open the following system settings, nothing happens:

Apps & Features
    Storage
    Offline maps

Windows is digitally activated and scannow found no errors.

I've seen no one at all with similar problem, except that "settings wont open" issue which has been fixed.

Ideas?

:)

dream3, Nov 18, 2015
  2. Billyls Win User

Windows-10-update-KB4088776

The fix that worked for me and many others is to open windows services, look for windows module installer service and set it to autostart. Then reboot and the stuck updates will install. This worked for KB4088776 and
    several other updates that were stuck in the waiting for restart loop.

Now we have KB4089848 Ver. 1709 Build 16299.334 ready to install.

Billyls, Nov 18, 2015
  3. rpwalle Win User
    Windows-10-update-KB4088776

The fix that worked for me and many others is to open windows services, look for windows module installer service and set it to autostart. Then reboot and the stuck updates will install. This worked for KB4088776 and several other updates that were stuck
    in the waiting for restart loop.

rpwalle, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Several System Settings not opening/stuck

I have the same 3 things not opening! I really hope they put out an update to fix this! Maybe someone knows a fix?

DigDugFighter, Nov 18, 2015
  5. dream3 Win User
    I did a system reset and it was workin alright. As soon as I installed bootcamp drivers, the issue manifested again.

So Ive narrow ot down to bootcamp drivers but not sure if its one in specific or even if it's linked to apple exclusevely...Maybe drivers from other manufacturers cause the same problem too.

Unfortunately I dont have the time to install one by one to verify my allegations.

dream3, Nov 18, 2015
  6. They were working when I first clean installed windows 10. I installed the big update the other day and thats when I noticed them not working. I don't have any bootcamp and don't know what that is? Could you tell me any software or anything I might have that would be causing this?

I need to get into storage settings to change the location where windows 10 store apps are downloaded. *Sad

7. dream3 Win User
    Oh really? So it's not bootcamp then, it's the threshold update. Good to know. I thought it was bootcamp because I didnt realize when I refreshed the drive it rolled-back the threshold update...

I think we need to wait for the experts to chime in. Since the update is very new, I guess more people will start complaining about it!

If possible, you can refresh yours as well and then block the big update from installing. At least until they find a fix.

dream3, Nov 18, 2015
  8. Several System Settings not opening/stuck

Yeah. Thats good news. A little worried that no one has replied with the same problem and I don't see any other talk about it on google.. Hope it gets fixed soon, I'm not going to revert that update, it might break everything, *Sad and I think that update is what adds the ability to change location of store apps. lol

9. dream3 Win User
    Do you have a notebook or a desktop?

I think it's some sort of incompatibility between Threshold 2 and a driver.

I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 and then drivers. Alll good. Installed Trehshold 2. Bad.
    Did a system refresh which preserved Threhsold 2. All good BEFORE installing the drivers. Installed drivers. Bad.

For now I've just set windows to defer Threshold 2 for as long as possible and will wait until they come up with a fix.

dream3, Nov 19, 2015
  10. Drivers for what? I have a gaming desktop. AMD/Nvidia.

EDIT: Which drivers did you install when it went bad?

DigDugFighter, Nov 19, 2015
  11. dream3 Win User
    That's exactly the problem. I have a macbook pro running windows through bootcamp. So all I get to do is install a package of drivers made by apple. I can't tell for sure which one it is.

I think it will be easier to troubleshoot that in your side. Do you have many drivers installed?

dream3, Nov 19, 2015
  12. Local account or Microsoft ID login? Did you by chance turn UAC off? Did you verify your identity? Settings > Accounts > Your e-mail and accounts > Verify your identity on this PC. If you have that option will not be visible.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
  13. Several System Settings not opening/stuck

What option? EDIT: I see what you mean and i have it verified but I don't see what this has to do with our problem *Biggrin

I have a verified microsoft account, UAC enabled. Hardly any settings messed with, pretty much a clean install on a windows PC. Nvidia drivers is about all I have.. Not sure how we are going to figure this out. *Sad

DigDugFighter, Nov 19, 2015
  14. Some options are locked out until you verify your ID. I don't know all of them but some customization options are. Just wanted to rule it out. Logging in with a local account has restrictions to. Store won't work, Apps won't work etc. Turning UAC off can cause some weird things to happen too, depending on how you disable it. Just running through things I think might throw a wrench into things.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
  15. dream3 Win User
    I had a local account and UAC off. Store worked alright, so as these settings. As soon as I installed the drivers it went bad.

dream3, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Several System Settings not opening/stuck

1. Several System Settings not opening/stuck - Similar Threads - Several System Settings

2. System won’t open settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System won’t open settings?: So with the new windows update my task bar was missing for a while, and I did all the works, from opening task manager to restarting my pc multiple times and the only way I could do anything was from the mini arrow that was on my task bar and now after this newest update from...
  3. System won’t open settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System won’t open settings?: So with the new windows update my task bar was missing for a while, and I did all the works, from opening task manager to restarting my pc multiple times and the only way I could do anything was from the mini arrow that was on my task bar and now after this newest update from...
  4. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  5. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  6. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. System settings dont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    System settings dont open: System settings dont open and frezzes settings page , but all others like apps, accounts, customization works well, i have tried to access the settings via search bar, workspace but dont work, im using the lastest windows versions i think 02/21...
  8. Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

Display/System Settings not opening WIN10: Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it freezes. I really need to change my screen resolution and this is bothering me. I just a few hours ago resetted my PC back to...
  9. System settings won't open

System settings won't open: All of the other setting tabs work perfectly fine, but when I click on System, settings app just crashes. I have ran SFC and DISM and they haven't fixed my problem. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. system catagory in settings will not open

system catagory in settings will not open: When I open settings I can open all of the other categories except system. When I search for a setting that would be in the system category I can't open it. The screen just sits there with the settings symbol....